Vote for Your Favorite Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Jan 7, 2014.

?
  1. Ken Whisenhunt (OC Chargers)

26.5%
  2. Jay Gruden (OC Bengals)

17.3%
  3. Mike Zimmer (DC Bengals)

41.8%
  4. Jim Caldwell (OC Ravens)

3.1%
  5. Dan Quinn (DC Seahawks)

4.1%
  6. Darrell Bevell (OC Seahawks)

21.4%
  7. Rich Bisaccia (SpTeams Cowboys)

9.2%
  8. James Franklin (HC Vanderbilt)

8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

I'm not sure about Zimmer being a HC. He's a bit TOO fiery to be the head man. I guess I want my coordinators running around yelling, but I want my HC to be a bit more of an even tempered (but emotionally involved) strategist. The guy screaming at you all the time only works for so long. It's not really leadership. Football is a chessmatch at the HC level, not a streetfight.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Redskins will likely get Gruden, Lions get Whisenhunt.

That leaves us potentially battling with the Vikings for Zimmer, as they are interviewing him too.

Wyatt says there will likely be a 2nd wave of interviews including Bisaccia, Quinn and Bevell.

3. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Personally after reading a bit more today about Zimmer, next year I'd like to see:

HC-Zimmer: He seems like a no screwing around kind of guy. I've had coaches like him before, he'll call you out if you do something wrong. With the right amount, he could get a lot out of our young guys as I find young players respond best to this type. Tell it like it is, guys respect that no nonsense approach. Also if CJ is acting like a lil beech, I think he's most likely to put him in his place (if still he's here next year).
    OC- Someone who is a pass first guy, although based on comments, sounds like RW wants to go run first.
    DC- I'd love to see Williams get this D. I think he got a lot out of them this past year, and he'll need to do some coordinator work for a few years before a team will give him a shot at HC I would think.

4. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

No Wiz....

Yes to Zimmer

5. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

I cannot believe Jim Caldwell got 3 votes.... what are those people smoking?!

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Idk about zimmer. I love him as a d coordinator, but idk about head coach. How many successful head coaches are there with that kind of mentality? Most successful head coaches these days are more even tempered. .. more worried about what the next play is going to be than chewing somebody out.

I wouldn't mind giving it a try, but I think it could end up being like what happened when gregg Williams got a head coaching shot.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

And again. I highly doubt Zimmer and gregg Williams would work well together. Sounds awesome, but be realistic. .. the dudes would end up scrappin.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I wouldn't be opposed to wisenhunt. He lit a fire under a dying chargers offense.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

1. Roman
    2. Bevell
    3. Wis
    4. Biaccia
    5. Quinn
    6. Zimmer

Wis has Super Bowl hc experience. I think that actually holds a lot of weight.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm all in for Whisenhunt.

And I believe he'll be our guy come tomorrow or the next day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar