Von Miller

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Flip that round so we're the beneficiaries of San Frans mistake :).

I'm really beginning to lean towards us getting JJ Watts at 8. I know it's early but he can do everything!

2. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

To be honest, I haven't paid a lot of attention to JJ Watt since he is a 4-3 player, but I did see some Wisconsin games and he looked pretty solid. I've been more impressed with Cameron Jordan, however. I don't think either would be a good fit for the Niners, but I think either would probably be a good pick for the Titans.

3. 24

24 Starter

Actually, since Fangio's system is 2 gap, Watt would be perfect for you guys. Fangio's system is almost an exact replica of Belichick's system, and he loves his DE to be tall, close to 300 pounds (like Watt). But, you guys don't really need DE, everything I've seen of Justin Smith has been positive. Same goes for Jordan, these guys are all being projected as 3-4 DE.

4. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Fair enough. What I meant was more that I want a passrusher and that these guys wouldn't be rushing the passer much in a 3-4. I would rather draft a 3-4 OLB/passrusher (Quinn is my top choice). I think a passrush will help the secondary out a lot since Dbs won't be having to cover receivers for as long, but CB is a huge need too. I like Devon House in the 2nd or 3rd round. If the Niners could somehow get Quinn/Ponder/House in the first few rounds, I'd be happy. I think they will have to trade up to get Ponder though. I don't think he will fall to the 2nd round.

Justin Smith is one of my favorite players on the team. I'm not sold on the rest of the dline (not even Franklin), but I think CB and OLB are much bigger needs on defense.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Niners seem to be in the same boat as the Titans. Both have new coaches with huge needs at QB and DL.

6. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Yeah, both are in similar situations. It sucks for both Harbaugh and Munchak that this cba is going on. They will have less time to implement their playbooks and they have fewer options toward getting the pieces they want for their offenses.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are serious? A guy had 3 sacks and that is indicative to you that we will rush the OLBs a lot more?

Greg Williams typically runs a more aggressive defense than what we are used to here since he left. His linebackers had like 5 or 6 sacks all year. Vilma had 4 of those obviously on blitzes.

So to sum up your post we should draft Von miller because we might change our defense to suit him? Maybe, could be?

And what is so damn impressive about miller anyway. He had 10.5 sacks and 20 tfl. Kerrigan had 2 more sacks and 6 more TFL at Purdue last year. He is 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier than Miller and is a pure DE not a hybrid who may or may not fit what we want to do.

I would take 5-6 DEs over Miller.

8. Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush 49er fan

Are you trying to compare Von Miller to Takeo Spikes?

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kindof. I was comparing our defense to the early 2000 Bills. Our new DC was the DC for the Bills in the early 2000s.

I'm not comaring the current Takeo to Von, I'm talking about the early 2000 Takeo Spikes. He's changed as a player over the years.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Von reminds me of Julian Peterson a little also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar