Vols vs. Cards

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You're just jaded from living in Knoxville, and apparently you don't like it much. :suspect:

But what I said is pretty true on average. I think the girls bball team gets respect. The football team usually gets overrated in the rankings, but always gets slighted to the Big10/Pac10, Miami, Florida, Florida States of the world in the media. Bruce Pearl is well respected by the media which has helped the men's bball. Still every game of the tourney the announcers sounded glad when we would be doing bad. Of course, some of that is pulling for the underdog.

I doubt I'm the only one that see's an anti-UT bias from the national media.

I mean, it's not everyteam that has had an espn announcer refer to the fans as "trailer trash rednecks".

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

That was a long time ago. Was it really that far fetched of an idea to begin with?

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Tis true. Knoxville is one of the worst places I've ever lived. Been here for 5 years. I am a huge fan of UT. I go there. My soon to be wife graduated last year and is finishing her masters. We are big UT people. I find myself being jaded more by my hatred for Fat Phil and the "Cocky Top" attitude most people have around here. The fact that they never shut up about it over here doesn't help. Its 24/7 UT in radio, t.v and print. A little annoying. To say the media has it out for UT is silly. I think recently in basketball we may suffer from the underdog effect. T.V loves the underdog but there is nothing wrong with that. If people don't like it they can tune in to the vol network and listen to Burt yelp and holler every 10 sec like a psycho moron. I guess these days I am more of a UT basketball fan. The football program sickens me. I hope they implode this fall so we can start rebuilding in the right direction. Minus Fat Phil.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

See, I think that's why you view it that way. When I lived in Knoxville, it was the same thing. Constant talk of the football program and recruits and blah blah. (Only difference is I loved it :) )

Now that I don't live there, I have to search for information during the offseason. And I live in Nashville! And the national media, on a whole, doesn't cover much regarding UT. But I'll hear stuff about USC all throughout the offseason.

I don't think it's as much to do with the media having it out for UT, but more to do with the TV contracts of which conferences are more alligned with ABC/ESPN. But it's still annoying, to me, at least.

And I could never hope for the football team to implode, even if I think its past the time for Phil to move on. I wish he would retire and then become like "head of recruiting" or something.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

White boy can play aye?

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Yea the media here is sad. They never cover anything except Tennessee. You can't even listen to sports radio here. Why put women's softball on the radio? The newspaper is crap. I get the Tennessean. As far as the medias coverage of UT football....... why would they? What have we done in ten years? I see what a coach did for the basketball team and wish the same thing for the football program. Tennessee basketball was dead and Bruce Pearl brought it back in less than one year. I want to see the football program do the same. I say this year is it for Fat Phil. I see Tennessee winning six games and if that turns out I have to believe he will be gone.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Don't hate on UNC Gloat there winning it all because of that white boy. Too much energy/alcohol like what are you talking about I just thought that comment was stupid.

Hansborough is arguably the best player in the country because he plays with more passion, fire, and energy than anybody in the country. Don't hate on him because he probably made your fav. teams big man look terrible on ESPN.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Almost as well as these forgottens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Watch out Nick Collison and Mark Madsen. Your twin brother Hansbrough is coming to steal your fame!

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

for every forgotten there is a HoF - getting outside the realm of NCAA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a few others... (and that's about it :grrhee: )

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

These guys weren't clutzy like the ones I mentioned. I wasn't targeting white players in general. Just the clutzy ones that play like they've got no clue as to whats going on.

but no, not for every forgotten is there a HOFer. lol Not even close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar