Vols hoops

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanJeff, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Actually Gloat, the Rocky Top league is a 2 week league that consists of a number of teams, probably 6 or so. The players are split up among all of the teams, so this current team didn't play all on the same Rocky Top League team. There were players from all over the area and former UT players. I believe only 1 team had more that 1 current starter or significant contributor on the team. I think one team had Williams, Maze and Hopson.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, that's true. I could've swore it was longer than 2 weeks though. I know Maze and Hopkins were on the same team.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

This game was a complete disaster from my point of view...

Half Court offense is a HUGE concern for this team..and it showed. We seemed to be asleep for the first 36 minutes of the game, then when there was 4 minutes left and we were down by 18, we decided to make it a ball game and come within 4 points and possession with under a minute left.

I'm not a fan of this "Our Ten better then Your Ten" substitution rate that coach Pearl has going on. He subs everyone in and out every 2 minutes, and for a team like Tennessee that lives on finding the hot shooter and running the break, hes not letting ANYONE get going or letting the offense get loose.

With all the athleticism on this team, we shouldn't of lost to Gonzaga, they are a great team, but I think Tennessee has a way bigger upside when it comes to how far they will go.

We were outcoached as well..

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It lasted from june 16 to july 2, but only 7 "sessions" of games were played.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gonzaga is thought of being one of the 2 best teams out of the West. They are a vet. team and we have 3 new players in the starting lineup with other new players off the bench for significant time period. We didn't play our best game and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, but no reason to get stressed out over a game played in a tournement in November. Long season ahead.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OSU beats Miami on the road, great win. Jack McClinton got ejected after he slapped one of the buckeyes, freaking Miami thugs man, some things never change.

7. TheSureThing

Tennessee is looking dismal against UNCA, 15-12 us about 10 minutes in...absolutely inexcusable..once again this zone is giving us a load of trouble..

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

UT has to play Kansas, Marquette, and Gonzaga again pretty soon. Could get ugly.

9. TheSureThing

Kansas doesn't scare me.

Marquette is to inconsistent to be considered a threat.

Gonzaga is at TBA and could be a really good game..

The thing is, Pearl is coaching this team to conserve themselves for the tournament. I think thats ultimately whats going to get us to the final four.

BTW, Tyler Smith first Triple double in school history. dudes a monster.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I think we are too young to go final 4, but I think we will be very good..get much better as season goes along and chemistry builds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar