Vols 63 WKU 7

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by jessestylex, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Crompton also threw 2 interceptions against this high school team. Let's not praise the guy for hitting receivers that didn't have a single man covering them.

I felt bad for WKU. You know, some small schools at least have athletes- but these guys were just sad to watch. Every big UT play was uncontested. There was no competing at all from WKU. And they were all high-school sized. Every school in the nation will try to schedule these guys.

I'll hold judgment til they play a school with at least a 3 star recruit on the roster.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

it was UTs backups for the final 28 points or so. That last UT TD was anternating between third and fourth back every other play.

Yes WKU is not very good and UT is not as good as they looked, but game was better than watching fat Phil keep WKU in the game and UT needing some second half action to secure a hard fought win. 100,000+ got what they paid for

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Just think of it like the NFL's meaningless preseason games...

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Regardless of what anyone thinks about UT's performance level I felt an energy I haven't noted in years in the stadium.
    I couldn't even predict what play they were going to run next as opposed to the last few years.
    I also thought the tackling was very good. They must be practicing something besides touch football in practice.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha

it's hard to predict what plays UT would run after watching Fat Phil run RB Screens every other play for years ...

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

As a western alum.. Wku sports is laughing all the way to the bank. Another $250k for hilltopper sports! Woohoo. Give us 5 years to build a decent program and we'll show up in Knoxville and give you guys a better game. Rome wasn't built in a day.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Seriously? You think that this game, or the FL game from this weekend, are anything like the NFL?

Even looking at the blowouts from last season, they aren't anywhere near as bad as the college massacres that are all too common...

The worst blowout, or two worst, if there were two really bad ones, from each week of the NFL season last year: 38-3, 48-25, 41-13, 38-13, 56-35, 34-0, 44-6, 34-3, 41-7, 38-10, 35-6, 24-0, 47-3, 41-13, 37-3, 36-7, 51-29, 47-10, 35-3, 35-14, 49-26, 42-7, 47-7, 31-0, 44-6. That averages out to 30.5 points per game, in the NFL's worst blowouts. This week, 9 out of the top 25 teams had bigger blowouts! As you can see, only 2 games in the 2008 regular season were decided by 40 or more points, and there were 5 of them this weekend in the top 25, not even looking at all of the other ridiculous blowouts like UT's, Vandy's, Fresno State's, Arkansas State's, Southern Miss', and tons of others!

Do you know how many of the 32 NFL teams are represented there? 15! That includes the Pats, the Eagles, the Cowboys, the Packers, and the Bears, all traditional NFL powerhouses! Also, the 49ers and the Jags, both bad teams last year, didn't appear on that list.

Other than the Raider (who are the victims of a declining owner, but are a historically good team), and the Texans (who can suck it), who are these teams that field terrible teams every year? The Chiefs? They were in the playoffs in 2007! The Jags were in the playoffs the following season! The freaking Arizona Cardinals made the Superbowl last year!

The NFL may not be perfect, but its parity is far superior to college football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the scholorship limit combined with the internet - players sign where PT exists knowing if they perform the NFL will notice - will keep making CF more and more level. Already happened in BB will eventually happen in football, IMO

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We can only hope, GoT.

However, the big budget schools will always have significant advantages, especially when they can always play twice as many games at home as on the road, and schedule whoever they want as extra fodder, no matter how uneven the matchup.

As it stands, it's just ugly.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

WKU alum here too. I thought they were getting more than $250k. I could've swore that I read in the Herald that they got around $500k to play Bama last year. Either way, it's good for the program to play these big time SEC schools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar