Volek - Young playing time.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Volek looked more like a rookie than Vince did. I don't care what string was playing. Volek looked like a lost kitty out there. As he always has. He has never impressed me. He had few decsent stats games in which we lost and that's it. Why should we waist time starting him. He needs to stay at back-up. At least with Vince we have a QB with multiple weapons who can get away from pressure and not panic when he gets rushed.

2. Titan

Titan Guest

I saw a spot on ESPN cold pizza this morning about this topic. They said that VY will only get a few snaps and Volek will be the starter. They also talked about how most teams deal with having two good QB's and how it never works. I feel that every team should have 2 or 3 starters. That would suck to have to prepare your DF to cover two or three different types of QB styles. Volek is sweating this next game vs. the Falcons. This will be his biggest test yet. I think fisher said he wants to play him into the 3rd quarter.

We'll most likely see our future this weekend.....

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Volek got screwed by Pillar and Olson. They both made huge mistakes and most pocket passing QBs would have gotten sacked.

I want to see VY play as much as possible after Volek gets his needed reps. I hope that Mauck doesn't see another snap. It would be a waste of reps for Mauck to get snaps. We will pick up a better 3rd QB after the final cuts.

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Those guys on cold Pizza are crazy if they think VY will only get a few snaps this year. No Way! Firstly, Volek won't make it through the year without missing some games. Secondly, I don't feel like VY is very far behind Volek and wouldn't be behind at all if it weren't for lack of experience. Once Volek goes out with injury it will become VY's job to lose. Just a hunch.

5. Titan

Titan Guest

yeah, I agree. They are both close to the same level. I think they were talking about VY's play time per game. I just caught the end of it as soon as I heard the work Titans. They made it sound like we had two weapons to choose from. Thats a good thing

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

sorry guys but I agree with rcarie here. Volek will be lucky to start week 5. He's not the windshield, he's the bug.
    [​IMG]

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Guest

It's a waste of time to play Volek. He won't get you any closer to the playoffs than Vince.

All I need to know, is that Vince trusts my offensive system, and that he won't give up on a play to soon.

If I'm(fisher is) satisfied with that, I'd start Vince. Who knows where the Titans will be come January..... But next september, watch out.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

As I was watching todays game, I was thinkin it might be worth starting Vince in the next game. He surely couldn't do any worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar