Volek - Young playing time.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

After bringing up this question in another thread, I decided to see what everyone thought about it;
    How is Fisher going to split playing time between Young and Volek during the preseason?
    I'm thinking he's going to give Volek enough time to feel comfortable and get in a handfull of series before the season starts. I also feel that he's going to try to give Young as much experience as possible. Maybe 40/60 Young with Mauch and Hodges getting a couple reps.
    What do you think?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i could see volek only getting two or three series in the first two games with young going until the mid way through the third quarter.

volek will probably play the entire first half in the third game with vince getting the third quarter.

i really wouldnt be surprised to see vince start the fourth game, just to get him some game reps with the first string guys.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats about the way it usually works

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

You have accidentally stumbled into the formula for everything.

Volek - Young = Playing time.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I am wondering what was going through Voleks mind about Young getting so much playing time in the Broncos game. Volek played the 1st quarter and part of the 2nd quarter then Young played the rest of the game. I am betting that didn't sit well with him.

He could have used the time in the game more than Young.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

volek was getting sacked left and right. i think it was a good move to get him out of there.

as for vince playing so long...

(on if he left Young in longer than planned)

We wanted reps and snaps, and we just weren’t getting them. I was close to telling the defense just to let them score so we could get the ball back and put some offensive drives together. That’s why we played him longer than expected. That’s why we played LenDale a little longer than expected.

http://www.titansonline.com/news/titans_news_detail.php?PRKey=3972

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think Mauck and ... the other one, are the ones who might be upset. Young got to play at their expence, not Volek's.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I know Vince Young's development is important, but it's going to hurt on team. Volek isn't getting that much playing time, and this might hurt us in the season. He needs to gel with the offense.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

He looked like poop last week. If he's going to suck that bad I'd rather watch VY get there and at least spice things up a bit.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and Young looked better with the 1st team offense..oh please

only thing Young did was to move the ball against the Broncos 4th team D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar