Volek Willing to Waive No-Trade

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Volek Might Be Traded

According to www.fanball.com, they say Volek might be traded. Here is the quote. Take it for what it's worth, I take it with a grain of salt.

Volek has waived his no-trade clause in his contract, so we expect him to be moved sometime in the next week. He is clearly not in the Titans plans this season, as the recent acquisition of Kerry Collins and April's drafting of Vince Young would suggest.

2. notsolegato

notsolegato Camp Fodder

havent heard this before...

3. KFC_hahahaha

KFC_hahahaha Guest

haha this is hilarious. KFC will be starting, haha I can't beleive it. I feel so sorry for you titans fans, it's going to be a very long season in Nashville. If Collins starts you will do no better than 5-11, honestly. Anyone who thinks otherwise will be in tears by week 17.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

At this point what does it matter. We arent a playoff team most likely, we have our QB of the future, and we have a vet starter for this year. If we can get a decent player or draft pick, then I see no reason to keep Billy around.

5. KFC_hahahaha

KFC_hahahaha Guest

Haha. That really made me laugh. As a Raider fan I can tell you that Kerry Collins SUCKS and it's going to be funny to see the tears rolling down your face when you realize it come regular season.

On another note, I think the Titans organization is brilliant for bringing in a KFC to their team. Jeff Fisher and his boys will need lots of Krispy Strips to forget about all the strips that defenders will get of that prescious football.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and what do you expect from Aaron Brooks? who is equally as laughable.

7. KFC_hahahaha

KFC_hahahaha Guest

As long as it's not KFC playing in silver & black I really don't care, but yeah, I actually wanted Walter to start. As long as the Raiders run the ball more though I think they'll get to 7-9 or 8-8 or a win against denver which is all I care for this season. Atleast Brooks can read a defense, and is a poor man's Ron Mexico, not a poor man's Bledsoe.

8. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

You know I was just thinking on another message board.... I wonder what/if Oakland would be willing to give up in exchange for Volek......

Makes more sense to me than Jeff George.... I know they have Walter, but Aaron Brooks and JG are borderline ridiculous.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

YES! (A few days late here, sorry!)
    Except...I do understand why the front office did things the way they did...or at least the best understanding I can have from the outside looking in.
    Which is tied to your #5 point:
    I have been SCREAMING this for a week in other threads.

This is a few days old (sorry if it has been posted somewhere else), but it made sense to me....

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060830/SPORTS01/60830038/1002/SPORTS

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Get used to 7-9 or 8-8, then.

Because at least we've got VY warming up in the bullpen.

You're future is with Aaron Brooks.

Good Luck with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar