Volek vs Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 17, 2008.

?
  1. Billy Volek

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Collins

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Volek was the man

2. teegee

teegee Guest

Volek has some talent, but he was also 3-7 as the Titans' starting QB...

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Which is why he's San diego's back-up, now. :rolleyes:

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Have to go with Collins because he's been there and done that already. I don't the first 3-4 games two years ago were fair to judge him by but he really hadn't been in the system long enough to have a good feel for it.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

As McNair would have been behind that O-line.
    Volek was also under the Chow scheme which Mcnair, Young and Collins all three couldn't produce under.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I never understood why after all of Billy's grief over expecting to be the starter that he would sign to back up a team that already had a top ten QB.. He could have has his shot at starting by now on a number of teams...

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Funny thing is - they're both better than Vince Young...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

yeah thas pretyt pathetic but regardless...if you think bout that yrs offense (talkin when billy went crazy w/ bennett) and combine that w/ this years defense....c'mon..i think we'd be in a much better position. N sadly volek has more reicevers to work w/ than in his first time around.

heres the kickers....ppl passed judgement on volek (whether good or bad) while his top receiver was an undrafted soon to be bust. w/ young ppl still question our corps, makin excuses and what not. i tihnk as of now we hv better recievers than when volek was throwin the ball...n thats sad

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Collins has actually started a season and is top 10 in passing yards amongst active Quarterbacks. I'll take that over a guy who had 4 good games.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Honestly, the two can't be compared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar