Volek Unhappy Sharing Reps With Collins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Because the Titans want to continue to give the same number of reps in practice to rookie Vince Young, the snaps for Kerry Collins today came from Billy Volek's share of work which didn't sit well with Volek. "I guess they want a quarterback who's perfect in every throw and every read, and that's going to be hard to find," he said. "I guess they're unhappy with my production. It's hard when you're only getting a quarter a game." Despite no passing touchdowns so far in the preseason, Volek is 24-for-38 for 266 yards and one interception. "And when you get two quarters in a game last Saturday against Atlanta and throw for 140 yards and they're still disappointed in you. I don't quite understand it," Volek continued. "Like I said, it's out of my control. Everyone knows I like to push the ball down the field. That's what I'm good at."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Speaking of being unhappy I'm very unhappy with the way Volek has played but I don"t think anyone is anymore worried about me being unhappy than they are BV. What he's really unhappy about is he now has to compete for his job and IMO thats a good thing. If he is no more competitive than this he shouldn't be on our football team. The FO didn't cause his problem his performance did.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I can see why he is unhappy. Waiting to the last minute to bring someone. Now if he was here all through training camp and won it then no problems.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am not sure why people keep calling this a "competition". Face the facts Volek is gone. He is not getting as many reps, he is not traveling to our GB game. If there was truly a competition both player would see playing time in our final game to evaluate there play. Instead we are leaving Volek at home to pine over this. Don't be fooled there is a competition though. Collins took the role without throwing a game time pass for us.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

BA, why? Why is it collins job? He just got here, the coaches need to see him with the team, that's why he has time. They know what billy can do. Why has collins won this quickly?

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because they've given up on volek.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

You do not spend $2 million on a 3rd string QB. You do not give a head trip to Volek if you think he will be your started come regular season. You do not leave him at home for your last preseason game especially if he is having big enough issues to bring in "competition". If the competition was there Voung would have been bumped to #3 and see little to no reps in the next game. Give each Volek and Collins a chance to show what they can do with the pressure of competition. If we are saying Young will not start this season, missing one preseason game will not hinder his development in the slightest. The writing on the wall seems pretty clear to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar