Volek Traded to Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Trading Billy was a good thing. We way it was done was the bad thing. Billy never fit in with the Chow system. We knew that last year. The trade should have happened many moons ago. That said, we flirted with KFC before camp. Why didn’t we bring him in then? I not a KFC fan but the time spent in camp would have helped his timing and acceptance. However I only see KFC as the #2, the old veteran teaching VY like Neil did for Steve. The best choice would have been for Steve to restructure, stay and start. Unfortunately, that choice wasn’t possible.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Don't forget the Chargers are a lot closer to home for him. Playing time or not.

GM is where all the mess has come from. Floyd mortgaged the future from '99 to '04, now he is continuing to make the best out of it. I believe he mortgaged his future at the same time.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Although we don't know exactly what happened with Volek we have to assume there was more to the fiasco than simply his bad play on the field.

In hindsight it makes sense that there was some kind of shouting match or something major for the Titans to rush Collins in at the 11th hour and knock Billy to #3. I for one can understand Billy's frustration with Chow's offense and play calling. I'm frustrated watching this ridiculous play calling and scheme myself so I'm sure the guys trying to execute it have to be pulling their hair out. The running game has no imagination and certainly Brown and the OL are not that much worse this year than they were in 2004. Defenses seem to know what we are running before the ball is snapped.
    The passing game lacks imagination as well and we hardly ever see our WRs being put in situations where they have a mismatch or even one on one coverage. It seems to me that Chow really doesn't know how to scheme against NFL defenses and from what we have seen so far this year he still doesn't get it.

That means we have a DC and an OC that are bush league and until we solve the coaching problems this team is going to stink big time. Expect more of the same the rest of the year and I'm going to quit blaming the players including Collins. I'm not sure Manning with his WRs would have success with this play calling.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Manning would audible out of the crap calls and go down field.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

any reason given why he/she wanted it removed?

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

You have no idea how badly that used to pi** me off. Even opponent fans were asking "WTF? How many times will they run the same play??"

Insanity: Repeating the same action or behavior over and over again while expecting a different result.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yes
    then the law of averages kicks in

take a coin
    chances of the coin landing on heads the first time is 50%
    then the chances break down as you continue to flip
    by the time you get to the 4th flip, you're less than 15% to get heads

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No your chance is still 50%, the previous flips have nothing to do with the outcome of the next flip. The statistical chance of getting 4 in a row is low, but the chance of getting 1 after already having 3 is still 50%.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

still 50 50 for heads on the 4th flip, now if you are starting saying that you can flip 4 heads in a row then you are about right - actually 6.25% chance to flip 4 heads in a row.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar