Volek Traded to Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

But really,
    what Volek should have done after Chow threw him under the bus in front of the team,
    is say, "you're right, I am the leader of this team, and it all starts and ends with me".
    And then gone on to do his best on the field.

But Volek never had that attitude, I've seen him say that he is only one part of the team, and they all are equally important. That is not the right attitude for a QB to have. He has to stand up and lead, and Volek never did that.

All that aside, Collins sucks...

2. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

This guy will be a good starter somewhere and we just gave him away. Pretty much every Gm in th eleague knows we are ajoke both on the field and especially off it. We have know bargain ability at the table since evryone can see our track record of giving players away for almost nothing due to an emotional reaction.

3. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

he will be better off

4. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

ESPN.com is reporting the titans are discussing trading Bullock to the Rams for a 6th round pick. <-Joke
    Let's just get rid of EVERYONE!!!

5. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

I think your right on here. There is just no way Volek would have been as bad as Collins and yet we gave him away. I think Bud Adams or Floyd Reese had something to do with this. Fisher is just not that stupid. Maybe the front office thought that if Billy does ok, it will be harder to put in Young, therefore, get rid of Billy so that Young starts sooner.

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

If Soxcat's post is correct and it does make sense that something like this happened then Volek made a bad mistake. If most of us had talked to our boss this way we would have been fired, it shows Volek must be really immature, not real smart or both. While Collins has been worse than pitiful we would probably be 0-2 if Volek was starting the way our OL and DB's have played. It would have looked better but the result would be the same. Until our OL and DB's get better it may not make any difference who the QB is. If Volek had played and got injured we would have received nothing for him, even though a 6th is next to nothing. The truth is we must get better on both sides of the ball and be ready when VY steps in.

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

You forgot to add the conditional bag of chips if certain playing time is achieved...

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I personally think Fish "is" that stupid and pig headed. He made a decission to bring in Collins and if he admits he was wrong he will look stupid or indecisive in his eyes. Remember how long he played George? Even though he was through? George right, George left, George up the middle.....Great, 4th and 2.

BUT STILL KEPT GOING WITH GEORGE.

The entire coaching staff needs to be traded for a 6th rounder. That would be a good deal for the fans.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Maybe it's a mid-life crisis...

Maybe Fish just wants someone on the team that is as old as he is to remind him of his playing days and that old men can get it done... Get a convertable and a 20 year old girlfriend.

Just a thought.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Sox and all,

The person you quoted from TitansOnline requested I remove the quote you referenced. Apparently, it was removed from TitansOnline as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar