Volek to Possibly Seek Trade?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I hold Volek accountable for the things he says...

When you say you're fine with it one minute and then whine like a 10 yr old...those are things HE said, not me.

And we were talking about offensive production. Prior to this game, how many TD's did he throw for....? Now look at some of the rookie QB's and you'll see we have not gotten in the endzone with Billy at the helm. THAT was the point.

Gut

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Your points are way off target. So what Billy didn't have a TD until today, our ENTIRE team has sucked. Tom Brady would have been without a TD with this team, Shaun Alexander would have less than 100 yards and TO less than 5 catches....

And again, how is saying that you feel you've performed as well as can be expected in the short time you've had on the field considered whining?

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You simply don't understand the concept. There is NOT competition at this stage of the game. NONE. By now the coaches have made a choice. This concept that they are going to still be having a "competition" in practice during the regular season is simply ridiculous. Sure if the starting QB messes up they could make a change then but Volek had that pressure without Collins with Young breathing down his neck. NFL coaches don't hold competition for the QB postion during the season. They didn't bring Collins in to be Volek's backup. Collins might back up VY at some point but not Volek.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

1/1 54 yds 1 TD.

Is this a competition?

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Billy isn't the one who should be hold his chest high on that completion. That was all Jonesy. What a run. Although I once thought it would be better to sit VY and let him learn, I now beleive he is the man who should start. All the great ones were thrown into the fire. Sure he will do the stupid rookie thing a few times but he still gives us the best chance to win. Trade BV and keep KC as the mentor #2 al la Neil O'Donald.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar