Volek Prepared to Take Over Starting QB Role

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H Man

H Man Guest

Anyone been watching NFLE? This Gibran Hamdan kid looks pretty impressive. He's allocated by the Seahawks...so they currently have Matt Hasselbeck, Seneca Wallace, David Greene (rookie UGA), and Gibran Hamdan.

...just a thought.

2. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

If McNair is not around, Vince would absolutely dominate over these 4. Volek probably starts just because of the time requirement.

Say what you will about VY's wonderlik and the system he played in, Vince will adapt quicker than you think. The main reason he will adapt is that he'll outwork everybody else (even in the NFL). Vince is all about work. He loves his job (unlike Collins) and he'll study morning, noon and night to get it done. One of Mack Brown's best stories came from this off-season. In college during the offseason, coaches are not allowed to direct players workouts. I think it was actually Memorial Day weekend (late May after finals) when Mack called Vince on a Saturday night about 9 pm. He was expecting to leave a message since most players are out with their friends partying on a Saturday night. But, Vince answered the phone. Not only was he home, he was f'n studying film when Mack called and started asking him questions. That's pretty much what Vince does. He's a football junkie.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

so he is the 2nd coming of Manning eh :rolleyes:

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i don't want Vince thrown to the wolves
    but I dont wanna wait til 2008 to see him in action either
    I think we'll see Vince on the field by opening day '07

Let him sit this year while Billy updates his resume
    draft Troy Smith next year
    and come up with a cheap servicable vet FA

5. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

I hope not. Manning sucks. Do you watch the playoffs?

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what you described was exactly what Manning was/does..a football junkie who studys the game like crazy.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

He'd be a perfect fit in real estate or flood insurance sales in Louisiana.

8. I think this years going to be Volek starting throughout, there's no other available QB I like.

We might see Young take a few snaps towards the end of the season, I'm sure he'll get rapturous applause when or if he takes the field.

9. fltitan

fltitan Guest

A lot of teams have more qbs than they can keep and several will be available by June. Volek wont be the 2nd coming of Manning but niether is Steve at this point in his career. Anyone know anything about Sirmons situation can he be the mlb the 30% of the time we have a mlb on the field.

10. Caphorn

Caphorn Guest

Obviously it would be foolish to compare Vince and Manning at any other level. I'd put more faith in Vince than Manning in the big game is my only point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar