Volek Picked as one of the "Sleeper" QB's of the yr.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by EZpickin, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. H Man

H Man Guest

I'm hoping for the best, as well. He kept David Carr on the bench at Fresno St. Had a few awesome performances a couple of years ago. And he probably has more practice time running the 1st team than Mac over the last 3 or 4 years. I think he will also have a MUCH better attitude about bringing Young along than Chandler had with McNair. Regardless, I just hope he doesn't become the next Cody Carlson for us.
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans didn't pay the bonus to extend Volek's contract. '07 is his last season unless a new deal is reached.

The best thing that could happen is there be a QB controversy after the '06 season.
  3. H Man

H Man Guest

I could tolerate that!!
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Volek has been a sleeper long enough...time to wake up...
  5. LazyManJackson

LazyManJackson Starter

IMO, Everyone should be supporting Volek, he's gonna play well this year and if you do get behind him he can only get better
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

I am just wondering, after we win the superbowl with Volek at the helm, if Young will stick around and embrace taking over the reigns from our new titan legend as a challenge, or will he get sick at the the thought of following in Volek's footsteps.

Steve Young is the only qb I can think of that actually committed to sticking with the team and riding pine.

Titan fans will probably split down the middle as Billy guys or Vince guys.
  7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

When exactly are you predicting Billy winning us the superbowl? It's not this year, and if it's not this year, then it won't be billy. I don't think he'll start next year with anything short of making the playoffs, unless he's literally carrying us.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

You need to take your Titan Blinders off. We are winning the superbowl this year.
  9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Agreed!

My previous prediction about McNair handing the reigns off to Young at 1/2 time in the Super Bowl were a little premature. I can tell now that is was not McNair I was seeing do this but a battered Billy Volek.

Nostra-Arrow has spoken

Will football just start already?
  10. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Umm K...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.