Volek on NFL Network

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Just heard that Billy Volek will be on NFL Total Access for a segment tonight. The show starts at 7 eastern and I believe it re-airs at 10. I'll try to watch and give a report for those who don't have NFL network.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Pretty crappy interview. They spent the 10 minutes prior talking to Kurt Warner about everything from his current shoe size to how he and his wife work for habitat for humanity. Then they went on to give Volek 2 or 3 minutes.

They asked about the McNair situation. Volek gave the company answer. It's a tough situation, it's tough for McNair because he wants to know where he'll end up. This is a business, blah blah blah.

Asked in a roundabout way if he could mentor Vince Young. He said that he had learned good mentoring skills from Steve. Steve always took the time to explain things on the sidelines and on the practice field. If there was something he didn't understand, Steve would put it on the chalkboard for him, etc.

He said he looks at this season as a 16 game tryout for other teams because he knows Vince is the future. He compared his situation to the Drew Brees/Phillip Rivers situation.

He said he's anxious to get the Titans to the playoffs and back into contention. Talking to David Givens about having a Super Bowl ring has him motivated.

Finally, he said "I was undrafted. I'm a Cinderella story and I want to keep that going."

The thing that stuck out to me the most about this interview is that they talked about the McNair exit as if it was a foregone conclusion. Not only the NFL network announcers, but also Volek himself. Volek said something "I am excited to be taking that step forward to be a starter."

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Volek has to have the attitude that he is going to be the starter this yr. Every yr he has known that he is backing McNair up. This yr is a toss up but leaning heavily in Voleks favor

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Poor Billy Volek. But at least he will get his shot. A 16 game season to prove he can play. You can't ask for anything more than that, especially if you are undrafted. When we win the superbowl this year it will be a real dilemma.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Billy?? Is that you??

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

just saw the interview, it looks like Billy is a man on a mission, I like his attitude, he said he compares the situation to the one Drew Brees went through, and said he is here to carry us to the playoffs, I am really excited about Billy V!

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

In Billy's case, it may be more like a 8 game schedule. :hmm: I'm worried about his injury history. I hope he can step into the role and play well, but I can't help wishing for the beginning of the Vince Young era.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Funny they ran the Volek stuff along side Warner.
    Relative unknown backups breaking out? :brow:
    Sounds like the optimistic angle...:hmm:

It's good to hear Billy be a little cocky.
    That's good considering his situation.:winker:

You go Billy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar