Voicemail from the Broncos'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think you are meant to be referring to TitanPride, not GoTitans.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

voicemail from the raiders:

beep.... hey jay, thanks for scoring half of our points... beep

3. You have never made a good point regarding VY. I think you are a very average poster on here and I believe many would agree.

Not only that, but you are a very average scout of talent. You see more yards passing for Cutler and say he is that much better than VY. Yet...the overall stats completely smack you in the face. If you are looking at stats to carry any weight, I would say VY's day yesterday, against a much better defense lend some credibility to those who say VY is moving along quite nicely.

Yet, we are in year two of the "great" Cutler and he was lucky to come out with a win against a horrible team. Not only that, but he needed serious help to overcome his poor QB play for the day against that horrible team.

Let's face that facts here, you are never going to be happy with VY as the QB for the Titans. Let's face another fact, Cutler will never be the QB here in Tenn. He is a decent QB with great mechanics. Period. That's all he is. He is not a winner and that will prove to be the case in the NFL. He has great players around him. That will lead to victories during the regular season. The problem will be, whenever it's up to him to pull a victory out of his ***....he won't be able to do it.

Tell me, what is keeping you a Tenn fan? I see how some people can be harsh with VY. If you have been a fan for a long time, you want to see your team play well. For Tenn. to play well, VY has to play well. You on the other hand, will go out of your way to bash him, even in victory. Whether your like it or not, you are stuck with him if you are a Titans fan.

So, maybe you should go over to a Broncos board and talk about the greatness of Cutler there. I would say the majority of posters here would like for you to. But hey, maybe that's just me...

4. You are correct Gunny. Thanks...

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Never thought I would see the day a NFL quarterback had a 95.3 rating, no interceptions, and a total of 233 total yards would have an entire three-page thread dedicated to how he "sucked". I'm not going to say anything but "Good Job VY. Keep working and bring us home a win in your first MNF appearance. Go Titans!

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

You know what sucks, my pops, who is about 50, hates VY too. I have my own reasons why he hates him, but he seems just like this poster. No matter how good he does, he never compliments him, yet when he messes up, he is quick to point that out. Ignorance is bliss...and by the way...I am 26....not some kid...

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think what everyone has to keep in mind (and I've brought this up before) is that VY has only just now started his 15th game in the NFL.

For those of you who are down on him, that means that he is still a rookie in the NFL in terms of games played. He has so much more to learn, yet. And, when you consider he is playing one of the three toughest positions in all of the major pro team sports for a young player to learn how to play at a high level (the others being Pitcher in Baseball and Defenceman in Hockey), I'd say he's more than progressing fine.

So, to those of you who feel that he "should be there" by now? Just be patient.

He'll get there.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

A lot of people just cannot accept the idea of a "running" QB. In their minds, the QB should be strictly a pocket passer, and leave the running to others.

What these folks forget is that a lot of great QB's started out as "runners". Steve Young...John Elway....Roger Staubach...Donovan McNabb.....all these guys started out as running QB's. And predictably, the Flat Earth Society deemed that they would never become great passers.

But then something funny happened: they developed their passing skills. (This sometimes happens to rookie QB's....they occasionally improve with experience.)

As their skills developed, they shed the "running" tag, and were recognized as being great quarterbacks. But it didn't happen overnight....or in a year....or even three years. QB's typically take about 4 years to really hit their stride, and often don't fully mature until year 5 or 6.

The crazy part is, people tend to be much more patient with QB's who can't run. With young pocket passers, everyone understands that they'll need a couple years to develop his skills. Even if they're terrible, everyone sees them as a potential stud.

But not so with running QB's. If a young QB has the ability to make plays with his legs, everyone complains because he's not an accomplished passer, and questions whether he'll ever become a polished passer.

The whole concept of a running QB is so foreign to them, they'd prefer to have a young QB stand in the pocket and throw INT's. Personally, I'll take the guy who can compensate for his inexperience while he's still learning the ropes.

9. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Come on why is this even a thread. Vince is our guy.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

We heard it for years about McNair. And, we still hear it about McNabb.

Some things will never change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar