Visiting Saints/Titans Fan Here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneStar, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

Thanks Tackhead, and yes I am pretty excited about the Saints defense. The secondary got a lot of bad press last year, more than it deserved IMHO and I think some was misplaced on certain players. The Saints defensive stats are pretty decent with an NFL overall ranking of 11th and 3rd passing defense. They were 13th in scoring defense. The Saints' defensive strength is in the front (DE's Grant & Smith) but there is talent all around. Effective LB's. We took the versatile ball hawking safety Kaesviharn (6 pics in 2006) from the Bengals, but I seemed to be more exited about him than the others are. Roman Harper is back after a season ending injury and that's who most are excited about. The big question is the CBs, and how they'll do with improved safety support.

I'm ready for a real game to gauge them, I would just prefer it not be against the Colts right off the bat. Both teams were top offenses last year. Statistically, the Saints have a better defense. The problem is that Manning is just the guy to hit their weak spots - at will. So, game 1 goes back to keeping him off the field as much as possible. Oddly, I think the Saints are one of the few that can exploit the Colts' defensive weakness, defending against the clock burning run. The Titans have, but really...I don't think most teams know what to do about Vince. I wouldn't fret too much over Henry, there's still LenDale, Brown and Vince for the running game.

Who knows? It's possible the Saints will take the Colts. Wouldn't you guys like to see the Saints rattle Manning before the Titans face him in week 2?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hey Lonestar,welcome to the board dude.

I really don't think you can stop the Colts O. As you say the best way is to slow them down by pounding away on the ground.

The last season people were questioning the Colts running game,Manning went out & broke all the passing records.Scary stuff.

I like Drew Brees as a QB & Colston was my fantasy steal last year.:yes:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Welcome aboard. Hope you kick the Colts ***.

Have a Reggie Bush sig:

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the Monday Night game, I am taking the day off from work so I can watch it.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No doubt the Titans and Saints could do each other a big favor this season. I like your chances against Indy - especially in the opening week when the Colts still have tons of new faces trying to settle into their positions. I also like our chances against Indy at home - we played them very close twice last year, and they appear to be weaker. I have no idea what to expect from Atlanta this year - they tend to play us tough, but we often still come out on top. Carolina is the JAX of your division - when they are good they are very good, but they forget to show up to too many games. We haven't played them in a while it seems, but last meeting they didn't show up at all IIRC.

Anyway, good luck this year - especially against the Jags and Colts. I love what Payton has done down there... Hopefully you can keep it up, and the Titans can follow suit. Wouldn't mind meeting the Saints in a SB in the near future.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Best of luck to the saints, they're my second team. That being said, see you week 3! Hope we've both beaten the colts by then.

6. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

Well, I hope the Saints come out on top. You know we took CB Jason David from them - A little industrial espionage of our own. Let's hope we get our money's worth!

I don't think the Falcons will be a problem for the Titans, especially in Week 5. I think the biggest concern there is that the Falcons are used to defending against a QB that can run. Still, I don't expect much from them this year after losing Vick. You're right about the Panthers, no one should write them off. I see a bigger fight coming for the NFC South division title then most Saints fans do. I wouldn't be surprised if those two win division champ and a wildcard spot. The Titans and Saints will both be tested by the Panthers.

The Titans have a tough schedule all year with NE, NO, SD, Baltimore, Denver, Carolina and the Colts and Jax x2. So, they'll have to show up all season long. I'm looking forward to seeing them with Vince all year, no more slow starts. He seems to play as hard as he needs to, and thrives on a challenge. Think Rose Bowl all year long.

Titans O-line is looking a little shallow - depth-wise. Anybody here concerned about that?

Yeah, Titans/Saints SB = Dream Come True.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Go Saints! If I could afford to buy a jersey for just one game, I would do it this week. But I'll be watching and cheering the Saints to victory!

And welcome aboard. Good to have more fans from TX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar