Visiting Saints/Titans Fan Here

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LoneStar, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

Hello Titans Fans:

I just joined your board and look forward to visiting with you through a great season for the Titans. I'll be upfront with you - I am first a Saints fan. That said, I am also a Vince Young fan, as is practically everyone here in Texas. In following him, I developed a soft spot for the Titans, and thus the Titans became the only AFC team I have ever pulled for. Boy, it was great to see the Titans come from behind and make a run for the playoffs with Vince in the captain's seat.

I don't have to tell you that many of the analysts aren't expecting much from the Titans this year, and that just dumbfounds me. Sure, the Titans lost some key players, but they have added talent too. Harper is a fine example. Smooth move there too BTW - a little old fashioned industrial espionage - American style (coaxing your opponent's key player over). I think the analyst have seriously underestimated the Titans, and I look forward to watching the team prove them wrong. In the meantime, enjoy flying under the radar, even if only for a few more days.

I think these Titans have the potential to shake up the AFC, and it's time to shake up that conference. Some of the AFC elite are looking a bit complacent to me, and it sure would be nice to see them get caught resting on their laurels. Now that Vince has his rookie season behind him, he'll be even more dangerous. I'm also anxious to see what Ealy, White and Henry do this year.

Anyway, I will enjoy another year of the Texans kicking themselves for not taking Vince, and I look forward to the Saints' division opponents having to face the Titans. I'm sure the Saints' will leave their mark on the Titans' division rivals as well. Clearly, these two teams have aligned interests through much of the season, except of course on Sept 24 - but that's for another thread.

This should be an interesting season. I look forward to visiting with you guys and following the Titans through to the playoffs.

2. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

your post is too long. i stopped reading after "i am first a saints fan".

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Welcome! you'll be seeing me a lot on these boards. I post a lot. Others can attest to that. You'll meet people like overalls, but don't take it to heart. He's a Texans fan. [We Titan fans use that there logic sometimes. :irked:] Anyway, i'm glad we have some more diversity on the board. If you have any other team's fans looking for another team's forum to go on, this is the one. Few have problems and everyone is pretty cordial. [otherwise TJ would have our heads. Shh. i'm kidding.] There's always SOMEONE on so the conversation is pretty active. I'm glad we've got another fan on the board.

Here's to Mario Williams getting beat by Reggie and Vince again this year.
    :thumb:

4. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

Thanks for the welcome Bababooey. It was actually through Saintsreport.com that I found this board. They're a pretty friendly lot over there and welcome other teams' fans. There seems to be a lot a Colts fans there these days. I guess everybody is getting anxious about Thursday's season opener. I sure would like to see the Saints take the Colts, but that's going to be hard to do especially on the Colts own turf. I suspect a few Titans fans will also be pulling for the Saints in that game.

And yes, here's to another year of Mario getting smoked by Reggie and Vince.

5. Nine

Nine Starter

Trust me....come Thursday, we'll be pulling for the Saints like nobody's business. For 24 hrs., they'll be the Titans' best friends. :D

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

then, three weeks later, our most hated enemies. funny how that works out.

7. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

Yeah, funny how that works. But the two have an interest in supporting each other (outside of week 3). Saints take on Colts week 1, Jax week 9, and Texans week 11. Titans are going to take Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and the Panthers in Weeks 5, 6 and 9, respectively - or at least I hope the Titans take them. Atlanta and TB shouldn't be any problem. Carolina is tough though. They swept the Saints last year.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

I just hope in his game preparations, Payton and Gibbs go back and look at how the Titans defended the Colts last year. It was crazy....we had the league's worst defense last year, but actually played quite well against the Colts.

The Titans held Manning to 166 yards passing in their first meeting, and actually led for most of the game.

In their second meeting, Manning put up 300+ yards, but that's a bit deceiving....the Colts moved the ball well between the 20's, but the Titans pretty much shut him down in the red zone.

The crazy part is, the Titans accomplished this with one below-average cornerback (Reynaldo Hill) and possibly the league's worst starting safety (Lamont Thompson....recently cut from the Titans).

I'm no big fan of Titans' DC Jim Schwartz, but I'll give credit where credit is due: he knows how to defend the Colts. The Colts scored less than 20 points only three times last year....and two of those games were against the Titans.

9. LoneStar

LoneStar Guest

"Played quite well"... that's an understatement. The one the Titans lost was only lost by a point. I have no doubt Payton and the rest of the Saints are studying the Titans/Colts films in depth. I'll add, I think the general consensus is that the best way to take the Colts is to keep Manning off the field, eat up the clock with the saints running game. I expect to see a lot of Deuce McAllister pounding the Colts defense 2, 3, 4 yards at a time. There are a lot of unanswered questions about the Saints secondary. Who knows how they'll fare against Manning's arm and WR's. I'm not concerned about Adai though. I think the home field and all the energy it produces will be one of the biggest obstacles the Saints will have to overcome, though they did have good record last year for road games.

I've noticed that the Titans fans seem less than enthusiastic about this season. What gives? Is all the negative "analysis" dampening spirits? Do you guys remember what those same "experts" had to say about how poorly the Saints would do in 2006? Surely you guys are jazzed about Vince and LenDale's rhythm, right? And, about the difficulty in deciding who starts, White or Brown. That's a great problem to have.

10. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Hey mate, welcome to the board! Good to see a Saints fan around; last year your boys were one of the best stories in the league, and I hope it stays that way! ('cept one particular week, of course...)
    Yeah, we are a bit negative this year (as the homers keep telling us), but spirits started to lift as the preseason went on, and more of us are getting more optimistic. Trust me, the negativity levels are nothing like they were around the time we lost Travis; it's downright cheery now!

Incidentally, outside of your DEs I don't see much to cheer about on New Orleans' defense. Do y'all Saints fans feel the same?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar