vincent vs. lamont

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Get rid of LT. I only noticed him a few times. His hair was covering his eyes, so he couldn't see the reciever and of course he missed a couple of tackles.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

LT's best plays came on KO coverage.... and btw Puck Nickey is on the roster purely for his special teams skills.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because he's not very good and if have an opportunity to upgrade at a starting position you take advantage.

it is hard to call out lamont after the jags game though, he did make some plays. he's a lock for one or two games a year that make you think, "this is what the guy is capable of."

4. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Vinnie Fuller has better ball skills than Lamont Thompson- Courtland Finnegan, though, I think should be our future safety next to Chris Hope...

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

i would have liked ty law as a safty...next to hope..taht coulda been amazing...and then finnagan as our cb across pac...man that woulda been gr8...

but now to reality ...i think even if lamont is benched he should be kept around as a back up safty if anything i think he could also play SS if anything happened to hope... but not too well jsut like FS....and if hill continues to struggle...then finnagan should take his spot....and i think hill could possibly handle the nickle position...all in all in case of struggle next yr we need to pick up an elite CB if we can find one...b/c hill is not starting caliber...he does lack ball skills.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Finnegan needs to play CB or nickle he seems very good at it. If anyone takes LT's spot it's Fuller (although he can also play nickle very well) or Lowry, who we've seen surprisingly little of.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I don't know if Nickey is good enough to keep his job if it was down to him vs LT. I think I'd rather have LT as a backup (only as a backup) and let him play ST's. When Nickey started, made LT look good.

Vinny and Cortland....and Tulloch for that matter....we want to see the yungins!

8. He has a $1.6M base next year. Plus, they can use next year's free cap space to eat his dead money...

And more importantly, he's no good...

9. Thompson has been here for much longer than 1 year and he still stinks. Hope has been here just 1 season and he's good. Experience means nothing in this case.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nickey is on the Pro Bowl ballot, he ain't going no where (and I know Lamont is, but that is by default)

:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar