Vince Young's contract calls for a $5+ million raise next year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

With this thread your return was inevitable..

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

the only way he sees the field again in a titans jersey(not counting preseason) is an injury to Collins
    ________
    Maine medical marijuana dispensaries

3. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

Well you know...

The same 2 or 3 people keep making these threads instead of posting in older ones previously made. It's not as if you are being particularly original.

But you're right. I should find something else to do that is better than responding to retarded threads made by other people who also have nothing else better to do.

I must be crazy though because I'm arguing for an athletic qb with people who live in Tennessee.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i live in Iran

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hurry, do we have any SCUDs left?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Great analysis! Not!

Cutler has thrown a lot more passes but the bottom line is:

4.1% of vince young's pass attempts are ints.

3% of cutler's pass attempts are ints.

So vince does not throw the same number of ints his pick rate is 36% higher.

2.5% or less is desired and last year kerry collins only had 1.7% of his attempts picked which is why he is starting.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hello?Is any one in there?

By far the dumbest post I've ever seen.Vince is going to be the best QB in history.It's true because Joe Montana threw as many INT's as Vince Young in his first few years.

I can't believe I never realised how irrelevant a QB's TD/INT ratio is.

:sarcasm:

8. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

his return is inevitable...in the preseason. after that last game in preseason and the games actually count...vince will see pine. then he will see the words "young cut" in the newspaper.

9. amy

amy Starter

"By far the dumbest post I've ever seen.Vince is going to be the best QB in history.It's true because Joe Montana threw as many INT's as Vince Young in his first few years."

You're being funny, right? lol The problem is whether Vince is able and willing to learn what is needed to be an NFL qb. If he shows the right attitude and talent, he's in; if he doesn't, he's gone. The only way to know is if he plays. But it is obvious that the coaching staff thinks he is not ready for prime time and won't be for another two years, otherwise they would not have signed Collins for two seasons. So barring injury to Collins, don't look for Vince to play much. And we can certainly look to a re-negotiated contract after this season. Bud Adams may love him, but Bud loves his money more.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:grrhee:

The bar in the last chance saloon is open and those swing doors are known to hit you in the a'ss on the way out.

Wonderlic boy is on notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar