Vince Young's contract calls for a $5+ million raise next year.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

In addition to a $4.25 million roster bonus.
    V.Y. has shown signs of greater commitment, but he's going to need a Kerry Collins injury or major slump to see the field in 2009. Barring the unexpected, Young will likely have to accept a major cut in pay or face his release next offseason.

The minicamp workout had ended an hour or so earlier, and Kerry Collins was conducting his exit interview with the media.

He stood in front of cameras and tape recorders for 15 minutes or so, dutifully answering every question and generally playing the role of veteran NFL quarterback and team leader.

Vince Young sat at the locker next door, fiddling with his cell phone and occasionally glancing over as Collins held court.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090524/COLUMNIST0202/905240367/1027/SPORTS01

Will VY be able to save his future with the Titans? he has 1 short season to do so from the sideline.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I suggest a sub-forum for Vince Young posts, that way everyone who wants to bash on VY can congregate there and the rest of us can discuss NFL

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

just for my personal knowledge.....so far, how much $$$$$$$$ have we given vince? (i suppose include this year as we will give it to him)

and another question, how are the contracts paid in the nfl; lump sum style to the whole roster or what?

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

release the ninja dogs

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You are serious?

Signing bonus

Weekly salary

Annual roster bonuses

Incentive bonuses

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

When your backup QB is due to count $14M against the cap in 2010 that is a legit issue to discuss on it's own.

Bottom line, new contract or adios amigo! We can cut vince and he only counts $2.4M a year for 2010 and 2011.

Perhaps the better issue for discussion is which FA QB gets signed. Jason campbell sounds good to me.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's no way he's on the roster next season. He would have to take a massive pay cut and, even then, the FO might still decide that the team is better off with him gone.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince Young's roster spot is more valuable to the team than he is.

9. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

IF we did cut him, what hit would our salary cap take?

10. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

I think someone answered this a few posts above. 2.4 mill in 2010 and 2011 is what I think was posted. Not much really. He is gone after this year no matter what . . . ok, if he comes in and leads us to a Super Bowl victory maybe not, but other than that--and that won't happen--I see no way he is back after this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar