Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShoTym

ShoTym Rookie of the Year

This is the most regurgitated crap!!! He does not have to "learn" the cerebral side of his position. I'm so sick of people making these sly remarks about his intelligence. VY needs to learn fundamentals and the cerebral aspect but Leinart and Cutler don't? Please. This is so old! He played Big conference DIV I football.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You're right. That's not the part of the game he has to learn. The only part of the NFL game he has to learn is the speed of it. And, the only way he'll pick that up is with game action. Which is why he has seen so much action in the pre-season so far.

3. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

The fact is that VY had never played in such a complicated offense. Me sees someone who is looking for trouble where none is intended.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince Young Played Great. Once again, he found the end zone. He moved the ball. You are seeing McNair already, but nobody seems to realize it. He's working his way down the field and making plays. Some of the throws are ugly, and god awful, but it doesn't matter, he moves the ball. He makes plays. And all of this despite the drops and awful throws. If Volek doesn't start putting up points, we will see Vince Young faster than expected. Cause he does. As long as we have WR's out there who can pass defend, we should be ok. All we need to do is get that 10 yard scramble once every four plays.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I couldn't agree more.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

oh yeah put Young in becasue he scored against the 4th string D

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I don't think that's what anyone is saying, at all.

What I'm (and others may be) saying is that with his play last night, his confidence is growing. And, if he continues to play, and play like he did last night, then consideration must be given to starting him sooner than later for the betterment of the football team.

That's all and nothing more.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Vince Young is not even close to being ready to start in the NFL, that is unless you just want him to run on every play and end up getting beaten up like McNair.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I don't think you're gonna find many rationale people clamoring for Young to start anytime soon. I want to see him in certain stretches, but other than that, nah, he can wait.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Play Volek for the season or if he gets hurt, then play Vince out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar