Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

11 of 19 for 125 yards, 1 TD run and no INTs (one wiped off).

I missed the 2nd half, but what do people think of Young against Denver.
    Numbers wise he seemed to do good.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Denver called off the dogs in the second half, when VY did his damage

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Solid...

2 of 9 early but finished with 7 out of 8. I'm really glad they left him in long enough to get comfortable.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Looked like he'd been told to stick to passing. As we've heard from camp he he has a short memory when it comes to bad trows,just bounces right back.

His mobility definately buys him more time to pass. Kept drawing defenders to him then dropped it underneath the coverage to the RB.This will be bread & butter for moving the chains,very nice.

On longer throws he was on target but left it in the air touch too long so the WR's were left fighting the DB's for the ball.

Managed the clock well in last drive,not really a hurry up offense but was running it well. He had Ganther has his RB at that stage which was ok but not great.

Finally; man does he need to learn how to slide. On his score he got lit up at the goal line & fumbled.Dived on it in the end zone for a gamer's TD

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

What I didn't understand is why they didn't try to use Young's legs in that fourth down play. I thought they were considering some packages with Young especially for those situations. Instead, it was the typical dive through the middle for the usual no gain.

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Its not so much they called off the dogs as they called in the strays. He looked terrible against Denver's first team D. But then, so did the rest of the team.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince Young was not that bad. Early Roby wasn't good but he came through later. I really thought our offense was more questionable than the defense before the game, but now I have realized that we have no defense at all whatsoever. Those guys stunk. If you hold the offense next to the defense, the offense looks good by comparison, which is pretty bad because overall, once you take into account the personel that the Broncos were using defensively in the 2nd half... the offense was not really that good as a whole. I can find very little criticism for Vince Young. Despite how badly things went it is clear to me that the potential exists for him to have a stellar career in this league.

8. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The team has a big problem, finding it is another problem. Is it personal or a coaching problem?
    The bootlegs that Denver constantly burned us on is a good place to start looking.

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

VY looked and played like a rookie last night. He piled his numbers up against Dnver's 3rd and 4th stringers.

Hey, its still preseason and VY has to learn some basic fundamentals which are going to take a lot of time. Thats why he got so many snaps last night.

VY has to learn the cerebal side of his position in the NFL, get the footwork down, learn his progression of reads. The worst thing he can do at this popint is take off running everytime he is confused or pressured in preseason, when the outcome does not matter.

10. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

I agree, If Denver can do this to us in a preseason game what do you think will happen when we play Indy twice.
    We really need to look at the coaching, this mess is getting real old real fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar