Vince Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Leinart went 29 of 39 - he didnt exactly play bad but look at his counterpart.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vince's final stats :

Passing
    30-40 / 267 yards

Rushing
    20att - 200 yards - 3 TD's
    467 yards of total offense - a new Rose Bowl Record
    not bad, not bad at all

c'mon to #3 baby

3. TitanJames

TitanJames Guest

If Vince declares and he's available and we don't draft him...I'll disown this team.....

This guy is all heart just like Steve and Steve is his hero so how perfect would that be for him to mentor to him.

He's the real deal and he's gonna be one of the best.......

With the 3rd pick in the draft...the Tennessee Titans select QB Vince Young from Texas......

Make it happen BABY!!! HOOKEM!!

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Draft that guy!!!!

What an awesome player. I have never seen a guy single handedly take a team on his back like that. The guy is an absolutely awesome runner who runs through tackles with ease, makes people miss and has 4.4 speed. He has a strong accurate arm. Maybe not a brett farve arm but good enough to get the job done. Exellent accuracy on almost every throw and few mistakes in reading coverage. Draft that guy! Likely now that he will come out after winning the championship.

What is most amazing is that this guy has so much poise and leadership ability. He stands up to a big time rush like it is nothing to him and he can easily dispatch potential tacklers to make a play. 200 yards rushing and almost 300 yards passing. What more could you ask for in a big game. No turnovers! His passing rating using the nfl formula was 92.3 despite not completing a TD pass.

Draft that guy!

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm gonna go out on a limb here

Vince Young is better than Michael Vick

there I said it

6. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

What would staying possibly do for him other than earn him an overrated trophy(heisman). When he could benefit from a year under Chow and Mcnair, and gain a better understanding of the Titan playbook.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kami....ot

It's miles davis "kind of blue" not some kind of blue. Great CD but i actually listen to milestones more. What a sextet with miles, coltrane on tenor and cannonball adderly on alto. Hard to beat.

My favorite jazz musicians.

Blue mitchell, cannonball adderly, jimmy heath, joe henderson, booker ervin and of course miles and trane.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Thanks for the correction. Miles is only second to Coltrane (hell, not even 2nd, I can't rank such musicians) as my all-time favorite musicians.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

young vs vick...

The obvious problem with vick is that he has not improved at all with age. In fact he has actually regressed. Last year people attributed vick's struggles to a new system. This year he was less effective throwing the ball.

In 2002 vick's first full season as a starter he had a passing rating of 82 and had twice as many TDs as ints. He also ran for almost 800 yards. The passing numbers were not top notch but average enough especially with the TD-int ratio to get the job done and he was such a dominant runner he was very effective over all, got his team into the playoffs and won a game there. Well since then he has failed to match even those modest numbers and 800 yards a season running is not something even he can accomplish every year.

I see young as a more effective passer who can give you an 80+ rating every year and not throw a lot of ints. As a runner he is comparable to vick though he is more like a young mcnair with his size and strength. Look at a young mcnair from 98-2000 and you see what this guy will be. At least! Whether he could ever have the kind of year passing that steve had in 2003 is doubtful but for 7-8 years he could be a very effective player with his variety of talents.

I also think young would benefit more from coming out now and spending a year with the clip board then running rings around big 12 defenses again. Give him one full season, two camps-pre-seasons and he could be ready to go.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, i've been thinking and saying all day

if Texas wins the Rose Bowl, Vince will come out

lets just hope Steve drops some advice for him

maybe he'll pull an Eli / Elway and refuse to play for New Orleans

nah,.... I still think the Saints go for Leinart .. he got a Heismann :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar