Vince Young: victim of his surroundings or himself?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jose7, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Go back to the game in Houston. The Titans didn't get it done then either with Collins at the helm.

The Titans have rarely been able to run the football in the red zone all season. To me, that points to the OL not getting it done.

2. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I think thats probably our biggest problem. Notice when Lendale gains a few good yards, then nothing. Vince has time a few plays, then he gets hit with a tidal wave. Notice how many snaps were fumbled with Amano in at center? I've heard people saying that our O-line was a strong point, it's been the most inconsistent part of our game. Schwartz has done a better job with his line than Chow has.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Still doesn't make it right that Fisher said that publicly. What was the point?

And even though many of the other topics were discussed in the forum, I'm just pointing out alternates to the plan you mentioned. And when I said if Vince had played, I meant if he had started and played all the games.

To everyone else, Vince was the victim of the madden curse. Injury in the Tampa Bay game. He lost his running ability and confidence after that and the hammy will need time to heal properly which he now has. I really think near the end of the season and in our playoff game Vince was throwing much better and the receivers really let the team down.

Vince will be great as long as he is used correctly. He is off to a good start in 2 seasons. Add a better WR,TE and let Vince have more of a run option pass style, and sky's the limit!

4. Overalls

Overalls Starter

QB #1 in 28 starts had 4745 yards passing with 21 TDs and 30 INTs. He also had 947 yards rushing and 10 rushing TDs with 22 fumbles.

QB #2 in 27 starts had 4605 yards passing with 18 TDs and 28 INTs. He also had 433 Yards rushing with 5 rushing TDs and 25 fumbles.

One QB was the college National champion and the 3rd pick in the draft.

The other was the top QB on most draft boards and picked 1st in the draft.

One QB started as a rookie on an established NFL team.

The other QB started as a rookie on an expantion team.

One QB was sacked 50 times in 2 years.

The other QB was sacked 91 times in 2 years.

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

:rolleyes: Those are pretty close to Aikman's stats too. I can find corralaries to just about any player I want also. Nice try.
    College
    Heisman Trophy finalist
    MVP Cotton Bowl
    QB of the year
    First player in the draft.

First 2 years
    26 starts 4328 yards passing 20 tds 36 ints. 474 rush but only 1 rushing TD

Sacked 58 in two years

Played for Americas team went 4-28

6. Overalls

Overalls Starter

So you are saying that David Carr still has a chance to be Aikman?

7. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Nah, You guys ruined him. Houston is not conducive to QB's health. Just ask Schwab and Rosenfels.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

And we almost lost that game because of our inability to get tds

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Vince is restrained by lack of talented receivers and an offensive game plan that is heavy on ball control. As long as Fisher is coach, you aren't gonna see receivers going across the flat or any other long routes.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

or the play calling not adjusting to the defense changing schemes for the red zone....

if defense's thought stacking the box to stop the run and force the pass was effective normally, that strategy is even better with a short field for the few defensive backs to cover....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar