Vince Young suspected of assault

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Dear Vince Young,

Welcome to the NFL. You are now part of professional sports where players should carry themselves professionally. College is over. Outside of booster events, charitable causes, and being introduced before a game, you should let the allegiance die down a little.

Oh and P.S.

Welcome to Tennessee. If you just can't let the need to rep a college go, at least appease us by fighting for "The Real UT"! You can find it east on I-40.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I just watched the video... i expect charges to be dropped. This is a non-story in my opinion. Yes, he will get suspended though because goodell is a d-bag

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

What worries me is these things tend to snowball. It's as if nobody cares until you get that first "incident" and then everyone you've pissed off in the last year is coming forward to ruin your good name.

That said, I'm not really worried about Collins becoming the starter. If I'm not mistaken, the Titans recently paid Vince a hefty roster bonus. They will try to get their money's worth.

4. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Has anyone else been suspended for a first offense like this? I don't recall it, and I've seen plenty of other things happen over the past two years with other players. Is it a good thing? Of course not, but anyone who thinks that this is a quarter or even half as bad as what Ben did is dillusional. Hence I don't see a suspension based on reality and history imo. A sit down and a fine for conduct unbecoming, yes.

5. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Hey, does anyone remember if anything came of the situation with Brady and his bodyguards supposedly shooting at someone? I know it's not a parrellel, but having a rep take a shot at someone vs. throwing a punch??? hmmm

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think you need to do a little more reading on this story because your interpretation isn't in line with the facts.

The charges won't be dropped because Vince wasn't charged with anything. There are no charges. He was issued a citation with a maximum penalty of a $500 fine.

And it's not a non-story because he might be suspended. The issue of whether or not he'll be suspended is the entire story, so I don't see how you can say this is a non-story.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Nothing came of that. It was probably not true. Even if it was (and again, it probably isn't), Brady is smart enough to have his people do the dirty work, leaving him squeaky clean. Vince is apparently not that smart.

8. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Goodell's VY verdict should be quick

[​IMG]NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vince Young carried himself well Monday as he apologized for Sunday morning’s strip-club incident that got him cited for misdemeanor assault.

Here’s the news story on what he and coach Jeff Fisher said.

I think this will blow over pretty quickly, and I am sure Young, the Titans and the league appreciate the way Dallas police wrapped it up so neatly in such short order. There are no loose ends here, they got to the bottom of things and reached a conclusion.

The only thing left to learn now is whether commissioner Roger Goodell will take any action against Young. As it’s Young’s first offense, it seems likely he’ll be spared a suspension under the league’s personal conduct policy.

But Young may be sweating while he waits on a phone call from New York.

I'd hope Goodell's verdict can mirror that of the police and come quickly.

9. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Vince Young apologizes, blames buddy for attending strip club

Titans quarterback Vince Young began his contrition tour Monday morning at Titans practice, but showed once again he doesn't quite get "it" yet.The Nashville Tennessean writes on Twitter that Young apologized to his teammates, coaches, and fans. And then he...

Link to full article.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hardly a non-story.
    Not a good start to the season where Vince was gonna show everyone that this kinda crap was behind him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar