Vince Young - Season One Analysis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dark_Tower, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Hey dude, are you Roland of Gilead?:geek:

That was the key IMO that affected Vince the most in his poorer performances.

The Pats use a lot of unusual formations especially when it comes to moving Vrabel around & at times Vince looked lost.

His improvement against the teams in our division 2nd time around was particularly impressive. The Jags were an exception of course but his 2nd game aginst them wasn't an straight forward one to evaluate.

2. panamamyers

panamamyers Guest

The accuracy will come with experience. It isn't so much that he's not accurate, as much as it is things are going a little faster than he's used to right now. He's not 100% comfortable with the receivers and the offense and the defense.

I can remember watching him in high school, every single ball was on the money. He hit his receiver ins tride every time. I thought this guy looks like Joe Montana with Randall Cunningham legs. Fast forward to his rs freshman year at Texas. It looked often times like he couldn't hit the broadside of the barn. A lot of Texas fans, yes they know who they are, were ADAMANT about keeping Chance Mock in there. I knew what Vince brought in the intangibles department, and what he could become given the time to get comfortable. Even Vince's sophomore year at Texas wasn't that great. His last 4 or 5 games of his sophomore campaign were when he started to really come around.

If you have any of the games available to you, go back and watch the difference between Vince's freshman year when things were too fast for him and he was uncomfortable. Then, compare those games to the games his junior year when he could stand back there and do whatever he wanted to do whenever he wanted to do it. This is the type of improvement you will undoubtedly see in his pro career. I knew from day one that it would take Vince a little while. I am one of the biggest Vince fans there is, and even I am amazed at the job he did this year. I didn't expect it to be this easy for him this soon. Not to say he's making the NFL his playground, but he is doing much better than I thought he would for a rookie. Give him to year 3, and all the naysayers will be quieted. It's not an "if" or a "maybe" or a "possibility," there's not a single doubt in my mind.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

excellent post.. nice analysis

4. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Camp Fodder

Folks, thanks for the compliments. I'm glad to be a contributor here on the board.

5. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Camp Fodder

I didn't follow Vince closely at UT, but I would see occasional games at times, and I saw much of what you're talking about. His learning curve was exponential at UT.
    As a Titan fan, I hope that Vince will show the growth that he did at UT here on the pro level.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Good to have another viewpoint. I will give you a B+ on the post. All in all pretty accurate.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

excuse me he didn't play for UT..he played for Texas :ha:

8. Dark_Tower

Dark_Tower Camp Fodder

Well, as a native Texan, UT is going to be University of Texas-Austin to me...but I understand where you're at.:))

9. Just to clarify, we're talking about the UT that wears orange. Hope that helps... :ha:

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Both UT's were wearing "burnt" orange this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar