Vince Young ROY???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by miwarren, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miwarren

miwarren Guest

Hey Guys,

I just found this prediction on TerrellOwens.com and I had to share it. It's not a forum post this in an actual article on the site. He is predicting the NFL awards for this year.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Vince Young, QB Tennessee

I’ve gotten countless e-mails from fans telling me how crazy I was to pick Tennessee over Indy for the AFC South division winner. I guess time will tell if I’m crazy or not, but I truly feel that with a talent like Vince Young behind center that Tennessee will shock the world and win that division. Vince is a winner, he has been a winner his entire career. He is a 2 time Rose Bowl champion including a National Champion as well. I predict him to rush for over 850 yards this season, as well as a QB rating over 85. But when voting comes around, it will be Vince leading Tennessee to the AFC South championship that will give it to him. ​

http://www.terrellowens.com/news/news.php?newsid=390

This is not even from a homer!!!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not, just an idiot.

3. We already know TO is crazy...

But hey, if Vince plays enough and well enough to be the rookie of the year, anything is possible.

4. Troupe4Prez

Troupe4Prez Guest

Even if Vince doesn't get a shot at the award, Lendale still has to be one of the leading candidates. So I could definitely see a titan winning the award.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Has there ever been a QB rookie of the year?

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Big Ben

7. Little Earl

Little Earl Starter

And Dennis Shaw in 1970.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Can anyone give us ANY reason to give that weight? Other than blind optimism. If the team is doing well, Young won't start. If the team does poorly, Young has an even worse chance of playing well. I'd love to believe him, but that's a less reputable source than the opinion page of the newspaper.

Also, is there any reason to think we'd top the AFC South? We've got two teams that've had our number for a couple of years now. That doesn't topple overnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar