Vince Young: Reports Of His Career Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No - I think that's spot on, and it's sort of my whole point about VY. Vince limited Chow, the WRs limited Vince, Vince limited the WRs, etc... And this whole side-debate about the QB being responsible for it all is the same debate. In my mind the bottom line is this - they are all tied together. A QB can make his team look bad, an OC can make his QB look bad - and the other way around. My biggest problem with Chow was how he called the run game - seemed to have an obsession with sending Lendale out to the edge, and that's just not his strength. He even admitted that he was lost at times trying to call plays in the NFL.

So yea, Chow was doomed with his personnel. But I think that is a 2-way street, and now that Vince has made improvements with his mechanics and has better players around him I think what we see this preseason will tell the rest of the story. I have my doubts, but there's still reason to believe he can put it together and take over the reins in 1-2 years. That seems to be the stance of the FO moreso than the public. And that was the part of that article I responded to.

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Four words: Run, Run, Pass, Punt. Chow's Strategy

or his person favorite: Run, Run, Run, Pass

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Chow's favorite words; Vince, don't F*** it up!

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Chow would run the ball even with 9 in the box. He didn't know what the defense was giving him. He had no clue when to pass or when to run.

I've said it many times... I swear he got his plays from the Madden video games.

5. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Interesting little tidbit:

6. amy

amy Starter

His preseason play will tell the tale, I suspect.

7. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

pretty average in the HOF game ... 5-10 39 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT 53.8 Rating

8. Spartacus

Spartacus Camp Fodder

One thing Collins has not gotten enough credit for is getting the team in the red zone. When we got there last year, we ran it in more often than threw it - BUT the number of trips in the red zone and overall number of TDs were up under Collins.

Make of it what you will but that's the way it looks to me when you compare the two seasons.

In the final analysis, we are all guilty of ...premature speculation.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Still "pretty early" in the pre-season, too. :wink2:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hopefully his TD pass has given him some confidence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar