Vince Young: Reports Of His Career Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This is not accurate.
    Bennet and Wade both left as FA.

We kept Jones and R Williams another season.

Givens retired due to his injury.

Don't recall what happened to Roby but he was not very good.

2. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Yes, CJ changed the whole offense. Chow will probably never get an NFL gig again.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Roby was actually a 3rd rounder in '05, after Pacman and Roos, but before Jones and Williams. We drafted Scaife in the 6th that year.

He was cut before the '07 season i believe. Never panned out.

4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

True - released was a bad choice of words. The point was none of them remain on the team. Half are out of the league. We let 4 of our top WRs from 2006 walk - from a coach loyalty standpoint that says what the organization thought of them. Wade is the only one really doing anything. Roby was with the Colts last I heard.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Only two are out of the league both due to injuries. Bennett was signed less then a month ago then stuck it to the rat birds. Can't act like they are out of the league for poor play. Plus Drew Drops was way over paid. I would be more upset at the front office if we had kept him.

Wade was solid and chose to look for more money they we were offering. Coaches do not get to decide what is offered to a player.

I think the coaches loyalty comment stems from Fisher always keeping starters starters. Look at L Thompson and P Simon those guys had no business starting for us and still they were there every game.

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I hate to go back to the chicken/egg debate. But who knows how bad of a playcaller Chow was with Vince at the helm? I remember the game that KFC came in and lit up the Texans, we Titans looked entirely different with him as QB. In my opinion, Chow was handcuffed. How predictable did our team look last year while KFC was managing games? Did we ever have more than 3 guys in downfield routes?

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

has cutler evdn been to the playoffs??

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Thank You. I mean for real, VY definitely was/is very :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:y but to boo the man at a charity event? That just ain't right. People who hate on the man VY do so because they are glad to see an arrogant person like that fall on their face. That's what haters do, they hate. Cause I'm able to admit that VY had/has plenty of room for improvement, but he hasn't deserved to be given up on.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Thank You. Last year Our O was just as sucky as the year before, with the same boring old gameplan and strategy. It did prove to me that CJ is a bad man. He made our O Xplosive like Dr. Dre. But I still don't see our O changing much.

I'd like to see us pass more regardless of who is playing QB. Air it out, then hit em with some Lendale and CJ. Ya done suckas, done. Game Over. Titans Win. Feel me?

AND we got Nate, Hawk, Cook, and Britt to go to. I like our chances. He have a great, young yet mature team. I sense great success for us in the future. Starting Sunday.

OOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10. Passepartout

Passepartout April Showers!

Hopefully he can get his act together and
    Put his career back on track.
    He is young and a bit immature.
    Hopefully the maturity will come with time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar