Vince Young Just Entered the game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Wrong, He started 19 games with Tampa Bay.....and played terrible.

He also had a year in the United States Football League before he even played in the NFL.

2. Mr.biggums

Excuse for what? All I've stated is that Fisher had no opposition except when Bud stepped in. IF you weren't liked by Fisher, you weren't playing....even if you were the better choice.

You don't even need the VY situation to prove that.

3. Mr.biggums

So Volek didn't deserve a shot after his play? Didn't you SEE him putting up 400 yards a game and giving us a shot at actually winning?

Well, maybe you should adjust to the changes in the real world. There isn't always going to be white picket fences and Aunt B's pecan pie. It's a brave new world out there and it seems to be passing you by like it has Fisher.......

What's your stance on Jay Cutler cussing out his coordinator?

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Sorry I went of NFL.com stats which has games fpr started Young at Tampa as blank.

5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Volek had plenty of shots with this team in 04 Junior....lots of stats, but he held onto the ball too long, which got him in trouble (contributed to losses, actually) when he drew a safety against the Bears, and also was sacked ALOT against the Raiders, if memory serves. More than that....if he were so freakin great, why didn't other teams needing a #1 trade for him, either in 05 or ANY time after....answer that genius.

Maybe you should pull your head out of your "everything is a conspiracy" arse and just recognize that personality conflicts happen, personnel moves happen, and people get fired/lose their jobs. It is the real world son, and by a large margin it has nothing to do with conspiracies.

Cutler cussing out his coordinator...time will tell, but I am guessing that this was not a good move for him. That said, Cutler has actually helped the Bears WIN in the postseason, so he may get a bit more latitude here. Thats the cool thing about performance (not just in regular time, but in REAL crunch time as well....buys you a little latitude).

6. Mr.biggums

It's cool........it's fun looking into the back stories of players throughout the years.

Interesting that Steve Young actually went back to school during his rookie year in USFL to graduate on time, had struggled with injuries, and put up a miserable season very much like Vince in his second year.

I'm not a "VY fanboy", but it's annoying that people write the guy off when other hall of fame quarterbacks have had the same kind of struggles in their early years. The one real difference is media, which wasn't as involved in the 90's and before......

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

After we locked out McNair, Volek was supposed to be the starter, not saying he was going to be a franchise QB, but he did earn the starting job. Some crap about Fisher being mad that he lied to him about something, and boom, he was traded. Remember, VY was considered a project and wasn't expected to play his rookie season.

8. Mr.biggums

:ha: Personality conflicts? Well that's the point I have been making from the beginning....who had more pull and power in that conflict? Fisher...... I never said conspiracy....it's called an advantage.

Once again you are missing the boat on Volek. Volek played well enough to be our starter, whether you want to admit that or not. Too bad Fisher didn't like Volek. Funny how while players play for Fisher, he's a great coach, but afterwards he is said to be shady.

Congrats on Cutler beating a team that won a playoff game just last week and still didn't get to .500. That's really, really impressive.......then he put on an even more impressive encore.....oh wait.

Funny you bash Volek for taking sacks yet Cutler gets a pass.............:rolleyes:

9. CheeseheadTitan

I remember that, BUT, how does that equate to some conspiracy? Again, he has been a career backup since then. In my opinion Fisher knew that Volek was not going to be even a transitional answer here (based on his issues after opposing teams learned his weaknesses the previous year), knew that the 06 season was going to be a rebuilding season anyway, and made a move to get someone with a proven ability to start in the NFL (Collins).

Now, we (me included) can certainly question his decision to pull in and stick to Collins, that is absolutely fair game IMO. BUT, to use this as some other attempt to prove Fisher "had it in" for VY is just plain delusional.

10. CheeseheadTitan

To clarify...I am not a Cutler fan...you asked me a question, I answered it. I agree that he has his own baggage that I would want nothing to do with here.

I just disagree on Volek...he had some good games, but he had the same problem David Carr has...maybe it is a Fresno State thing LOL. When given all day to throw and many open receivers, he was fine. When not, he held on to the ball too long.

Yes the HC is in charge, just like the manager in baseball...that said, Fisher did not use this to his advantage any more than other coaches have in the past and continue to do. That is where we disagree. It only took 10 pages to get there LOL.

Now, I am ready to drop this....good grief man, both are GONE. New coaching staff all around. Why is this even an issue to you anymore? Believe it or not, I still will root for VY to succeed. I just get sick of supporters on here acting like those Japanese soldiers found on Pacific Islands in the 1950's, still thinking the war was on. War's over...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar