Vince Young Just Entered the game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ImATitan, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

The Steve Young situation actually fits. Bad starts on bad teams and go to new teams with established qbs at the position........

2. Mr.biggums

You were pissed at VY for feuding with Fisher.........and now it's the norm? What a flip-flop.......

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

What VY did went WAY beyond a "feud"....it was outright insubordination in public.

Feuds happen all the time in all walks of professional life...outright insubordination usually does not end well for the individual involved (such in this case).

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mr.biggums

Bullspit.........there was no PUBLIC insubordination. All information on what happened inside was from "insider" sources. In fact, there not one single video of this, yet it's "public".

Fisher openly disagreed with starting VY in 2009....think that just all went away in 2010?????

5. CheeseheadTitan

Obviously you struggle with the definition of "public" in a work situation...insubordination in front of other subordinates is PUBLIC in my view...as someone who has supervised others that has been my experience.

I think that the Fisher/Young relationship was strained, yes. There were many reasons for that, and not even close to all of them were on Fisher. However, some were on Fisher, and because of this I thought that, especially after the Redskins game, both Fisher and Young needed to go. Thankfully they both did. We are much better off as a team because of that IMO.

In case you haven't noticed, I have not jumped on the "lets criticize VY" bandwagon for his bad start last week. My criticism on this thread (before getting into this silly conversation with you) was directed at folks like you, who hyperventilate any time VY's name is mentioned in a not god-like way. He is gone Junior....he is gone. Please get that through your head and stop living in the past.

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Where'd Vince Young go? I thought we drafted him to take us to the 'ship..oh the Titans moved out of Texas...I get it.

7. Mr.biggums

Billy Volek????

Once again, I never stated anything about you saying anything about VY against the redskins last week.

So Matt Cassel didn't commit "public" insubordination while on national television, but VY did while in the team locker room?

It's not "public" insubordination to disagree on national television with the decision made by your employer to start a quarterback?

Since you want to compare an intense sport to supervising at some run of the mill factory or whatnot, Fisher basically commited retaliation.

8. CheeseheadTitan

There you go again...throwing out another name with no other detail. Volek got let go before the season....isn't that what happened to David Garrard this season as well??? Where is the Del Rio conspiracy theory Junior?

Can't speak to the Cassel situation, since no one knows how Haley handled this behind closed doors. That said, Cassel had not had some of the other crybaby issues that VY did prior to this incident either, so my only speculation is that Haley considered this "strike one".

If anything, chain of command would be MORE critical in an intense team sport I would think, so not sure what your point to comparing this to an "actory" is...

Finally, both Fisher and VY were let go here, so it is not exactly like Fisher got off free here. Whatever happened between the two contributed to both of their respective exits from the team, and like I said previously, for the betterment of the team on both counts IMO.

Now, can you just let this go??? Good grief man.....

9. Mr.biggums

You should know the story of Billy Volek......oh wait you only go by what you SEE on the field.....which explains your lack of reader comprehension.

How are the Jags doing btw?

I guess Jay Cutler is insubordinate now since he was caught cussing out his offensive coordinator....in public.

http://nfl.si.com/2011/10/19/jay-cutler-on-cursing-out-mike-martz-things-happen/?xid=si_nfl

Chain of command? Have you ever played sports or been in the real world? Chain of command will never be 100% followed...

Besides which, I have personally seen people take the fall for the lack of responsibilty by their superiors....so quit with the "oh you must be a conspiracy theorist" crap. It happens.

10. CheeseheadTitan

Check back to the CJ thread on how I use stats vs. seeing the game. By the way, how many NFL regular season plays has Volek had since leaving the Titans....less than 50 you think? Geez, what a lame attempt at proving anything.

Yes I have played sports (long time ago admittedly) and been working as a professional, as well as supervising professionals (not in an "actory"...someone should teach you spell check genius) for 20+ years, so just STFU about "real world" Junior.

When you stop acting like a duck, I will stop calling you a duck, so deal with it.

Just don't get caught up in the rotors of those black helicopters LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar