Vince Young has far more experience than Chris Simms.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So for everyone that thinks Simms sucks, but thinks VY can "come around", take a second to think about it...

Chris Simms has played 18 games in his career. 5 in his rookie year, 11 in the next year, and only 3 the last year he played when he almost bled to death from a spleen rupture.
    Vince Young has 31 games under his belt.

In the one year that Chris Simms saw significant playing time, he completed 61% of his passes for 2,035 yards with 10 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. That's right at 1 passing TD per game.
    There's no doubt that the kid has potential. Playing for Tampa would be hard on any QB, anyway.

He averaged 6.1 yards per pass, and I think he fits what we like to do (dink and dunk) perfectly, but he also has the ability to throw it down field. He throws a good ball, has good mechanics, and is only 28 years old. Oh, and he can actually run a bit when the game's on the line. (see game winning dive vs the Redskins)

As of now, Kerry Collins is our guy while Vince recovers, but I'm optimistic about Simms if he gets the chance to play, and if he pans out, he's young enough to stick around. He mentored Young in college, so why not again in the pros?

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wouldn't have a problem with signing Simms. Gruden and him were never going to work, he likes the old QBs (Gannon, Johnson, and Garcia, and of course they traded for Griese) and he doesn't seem to have patience with young guys. But I thought Simms was pretty good despite not getting great protection and not having much at wide receiver.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't see Simms staying on the roster for the season, or really doing anything without a off-season/pre-season to learn the book, much like Collins his first season.

I am comfortable with Collins starting, it's like NOD again.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Chris Simms SUCKS.

Christie will never be **** in this league. He is our backup. If he see's the field, we're ****ed.

Be hopeful we get Vince back. Vince CAN be a playmaker. Christie cannot. Collins will be dink and dunk solid. Hype on him. Get off Chris "I'm not a winner" Simms jock.

5. Deuce Wayne

Yeah. Well, hopefully Collins stays healthy and Simms can work with the team for at least 6 weeks of practices or so if Vince sits out.

6. Deuce Wayne

Uh. Did Chris Simms leave you after a 1 nighter, or something?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ei2PvgDbK8
    Looks like a decent play-maker in that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2ZcxcLPD4
    and again.

Potential is a big word, but that's what I see. There's a reason the Patriots crowd wanted the guy.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Did you lose money on a big Texas game or something?

8. Deuce Wayne

Simms was committed to UTenn and backed out to play for Texas. I'm guessing that's it. Doesn't help things that the Vols had to live with Casey Clausen under center afterward.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I would put Chris Simms in the suck category. But, I think as a third stringer, which is essentially what he is here, he's serviceable. He might sneak out a win. And that's all I could ask for. And Phil Simms helps.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hey, he's more than qualified to be a Titan QB on that alone!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar