Vince Young Gone (Reaction Thread)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

they are picking and choosing what they want to measure. VY started the year on fire from a stat prespective, but he was inconsistent - at best. Sustaining drives was an issue all year, but 'the Diva's pass rate was strong cause he became checkdown Charley. They don't want to talk about total yards pass+rush, like they always used to want to do, nor do they want to discuss 'the Diva's inability to stay on the field. The big untold story is the number of attempts 'the Diva' had vs the number of attempts kfc had (VY 156 in 9g - kfc 278 in 10g, and neither of them completed all the games they were in) The biggest reason 'the Diva' attempted 10 passes less a game is 'the Diva's inability to sustain a drive. Titans had 20+ FDs twice, Titans allowed 20+ FDs in every game except against the stoolers (3rd string QB who was blind and had dupuytren in his throwing hand and in the teams signature complete game on MNF against the tarpkitties)

kfc had the O stuck in the mud but 'the Diva' just drove it off a cliff.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Alright enough of the Vince Young talks, he's done in Tennessee. Our biggest problem here as Titans fans is that we're all right about Vince Young to an extent. Pick a side, you can't go wrong. He's given us reasons to love him, and also reasons to hate him. He's up, he's down, but we will all agree he's too inconsistent to run an NFL team. Too bad because he's got that 'it' factor, and all the tools, but never learned to apply them. Can we agree on that? I'm honestly kind of tired with arguing his worthiness as our QB. If you don't like Vince, so be it, but can we agree to disagree then.... Because he's now gone so it doesn't matter what we all think of him. The one guy's opinion that did matter, decided he's not right for us.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hereby nominate this post as the greatest thing ever written on goTitans.com and second it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Because you can only throw when your allowed to throw. Our offense was EXPLOSIVE when he played. We also had the highest PPG. He also had the highest yards per attempt.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We had the highest points per game in the league when Vince played!!!!!!

!!!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Just stop the hate. Or atleast talk about one of Vince's faults!!!

Please stop talking

6. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

Pretty sure that's what they're doing....

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

pretty much agree with everything you said :scared:

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yes.

end thread here.

9. thb0307

thb0307 Camp Fodder

Before we end the thread, and that was a pretty good summary by JCBRAVE, there's one thing that sticks out in that post as wrong. He mentions that we can all agree Vince Young is too inconsistent to lead a NFL team, but a lot of people who are more on the pro-VY side aren't necessarily going to see it that cut and dry. I know I don't agree with it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. CURRAN-12

CURRAN-12 The New Titan

VY will excell if he fits into the right system.. This was a system that warrants a pocket passer, which is what VY is NOT.
    I wish him the best, I will keep his Jersey because that rookie season was awesome.. and I will enjoy the memories.. Time to move on.. but I think it is time the Titans get some balls and grab a McNabb or a Orton then draft a young QB..

Remember VY only failed because he was thrown into the fire.. if the Titans werent cheap McNair would have groomed him to be better than he was.. unfortunately that year the Titans made some bad moves and the team payed for it for years to come..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar