Vince Young elite!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 10
  2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Hey DBC!

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'd say elite is still something to work toward, but we all knew this was THE season he needed to prove himself. He's had a lot of experience by now, he's shown some improvement over the years, but going into this season he hadn't seemed to turn the corner.

At the halfway point I'm really pleased with what he's shown. The accuracy is up, and his decision making is solid - as evidenced by his 2 INTs... he's essentially played 6 games and only thrown an INT in 1 game to PIT. I'd like to see the completion % come up a bit, but that's partly due to the number of deep balls he's throwing (very well) and his increased willingness to throw it away. Some drops, some bad passes.

If he can keep this up over the rest of the season I'm sold on him as the future long-term QB. He's still improving, so he's only going to get better from here...

4. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

He'll be elite when he brings the yards up. He looked really good in the first half against San Diego. I think he is finally on the way to becoming a good all around quarterback, but it is a bit premature to declare him the top quarterback in the league.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I won't call him "elite" but he's doing a much better job than I would have ever thought he could do. I think we'll see Dinger/Fisher begin to give him more opportunities to make plays with his arm which can only help the run game.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love that he's got a good QB rating and comp %. But, He's 29th in passing yards/gm.. I know we don't need a ton of passing yards, but it would be nice for him to avg 200+ yards a game.

Go VY

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I honestly don't think it matters much. Winning games and passing rating are what matters most. If yardage was the most important thing Kerry Collins and Drew bledsoe would be sure hall of famers.

8. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

He's third in yards per attempt and first in yards per completion, so there's not much more that he could have done so far.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Dinger is even opening the playbook more to a more passing keerish collins style.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Let's put it this way..

Kerry Collins has the same passing rating as Aaron Rogers and a higher passing rating than Carson Palmer, Donovan Mcnabb, Joe Flacco, Matt Hasselback, Jay Cutler and..............Brett Favre.

How many guys on that list were considered better than Vince Young by the so called experts? At least 4 of them anyway and our backup has outplayed those guys.

VY has a passing rating 10 points higher than Drew Brees.

A passing rating of 103 and he doesn't even have good footwork according to Steve Young. :moon2:

VY has the 3rd best yards per attempt and he didn't even enjoy the benfits of Britts huge game.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar