Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Vince Young clueless?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,356
    yeah but I want Reggie. So I can dream.
  1. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    The only ones qualified to know whether or not Young is the right QB or not is the Titans. Period.
  2. MadAboutMcNair Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $0
    I'm a hundred percent with Gunny on this one, I want Bush. I would like leinart if we have to take a qb, but I'm not dumb enough to be angry if the team gets VY. I don't see how we can mess this draft up. We can either get one of the big three or trade down and get Hawk, Ferguson, or Cutler.
  3. pking34 Guest

I honestly don't see one shred of evidence that Vince Young has any character deficiencies (I don't like neckties, either);I DO think Young has gotten the worst pre-draft counsel and management I've seen in a while.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $9,485
    I think some members of the media love to tear down those at the top only to rebuild them back up again.
  4. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    This article wasn't about character deficiencies, it was that guy's opinion on if Young is showing that he has what it takes (beyond athleticism) to make it as an NFL pro QB. Mostly, he discussed the will to prepare constantly, and how important that is, and used the three things he mentioned to say that he's not using the opportunities he has to show that he can be prepared when he needs to be. I searched the article just to be sure, and he doesn't even use the word character. It's not about potential off the field issues getting in the way, it's about him being willing/able to do the training/studying off the field to succede. While it may draw some quick points, I don't think it's that bad an analysis. I wasn't a "bash" article, and I don't think it's inappropriate to view Young's ability/williness to work at entering the NFL based on what he's been doing since the Rose Bowl.
  5. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645

i.e. See Peyton Manning's Senior Year.
  6. Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,135
    All that time spent watching films every waking moment hasnt' put any rings on Peyton's finger.

It's a balance of ability, dedication, and LUCK...
  7. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Come on...how does this guy know what effort Young is putting in? Is he saying based on these 3 incidents that Young isn't preparing himself for the NFL? If he is, he is the immature one. Has he been following Young around 24/7? How does he know if Young hasn't been working out etc. to get ready?

The article is an opinion piece.
  8. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    since Maurice Clarrett ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.