Vince Young clueless?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:ha:

2. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

That quote was great.

That article hit the nail on the head why so many of us have serious doubts about him becoming a Titan. Its not just his Wonderlic.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Good column. I hope Young reads it, cuz his posse is dragging him through the dirt, inadvertently, I'm sure.

4. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

This guy raises character issues that none of us have seen.....Including him. Nothing but a bash article.

And a classless one at that.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Only three facts in the article.

1. Poor initial Wonderlic then a 16. (plenty of NFL greats that re-took or got a 16)
    2. Chose his buddy for his agent. (poor judgement)
    3. He didn't wear a suit to meet the president.

The rest was spin and hype. I don't know Vince that well, but I don't think he has a criminal record or h/o night club incidents or emotional short-comings. I'm particularly irritated a major premise of the article was "the NCAA aint the NFL". No SHI7! Every other NFL great had to make the same transition and to speculate that Vince can't do it because he doesn't know how, or have the desire or ability, to is preposterous. If the article were fair he'd reference NFL greats that were draft sleepers or NFL bombs that did wear a suit.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I read the article and it is just an opinion piece. I don't see anything that shows Young has "bad" character. Is this guy saying that Young was the only player that goes around with a "posse"? Some may call them "a group of friends". According to John McClain, Major Adams is a well respected attorney that is legit. getting into the sports agent business and that Young isn't his only client.

I have said I would like to draft Young, but ONLY after he has been put thru the ringer by our staff. The tests at combine etc., I couldn't care a hill of beans about. I care about what our staff sees when they put him to the test. I do find it ironic that suddenly Young is a bad and immature person eventhough everything during his career at Texas point to otherwise. Makes you wonder if this guy who wrote this has an agenda.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I sure hope the Titans pass right over him if he is there at #3

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

i hope he aint there @ 3. Means Reggie might be.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Titans don't need Reggie either. They need a QB first and Young isn't the one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar