Vince Wilfork for NT!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Mar 5, 2015.

?
  1. Absolutely!

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. Pass

23 vote(s)
    45.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Patriots as usual have decided not to take on the salary of one of their older players, no surprise there. Even last year rumors of Wilfork being let go were swirling.

Typically New England gets away from guys just at the right time, but this is not one of those times. Wilfork himself has said he's still eagar to play football, so why not in TN as our starting NT.....

Link

2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

This would be the most solid signing in a long time if the FO can somehow pull it off.

3. JCBRAVE

The way I see it, Dan Williams will be the most sought after NT this year, he's on the up and up, and should only get better. Wilfork on the other hand is a stop gap, meaning he's 2-3 years away from being finished.

Option-1 we get the younger more attractive guy in Williams, but if that falls through, Wilfork would make a wonderful consolation prize.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Sounds reasonable. Im not usually for signing the older players for the reasons you said... But if Wilfork has 2-3 years left in the tank, I think he would be worth it.

5. JCBRAVE

If you're within his reach he's eating you, can't say that about either of our NT's.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Honestly I'd pass. I feel the same way about him as I do Andre Johnson. We need to build on a younger foundation. Wilfork will be 34 this season. If we were that "one piece" away then it'd be different. But we have so far to go and VW will be done by the time we get to the point of being legit contenders. And in the meantime he's only going to take away meaningful snaps from younger guys who might actually be there when we do make that push.

Yes please to Dan Williams.

#6 SawdustMan, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Wilfork still looked pretty good last year. I think a 2 year deal would be ideal for both sides. I think he'd be a good stop gap until we can find our guy in a year we don't have so many holes to fill. It would at least fill in a position that we won't have to draft. But that also means no Danny Shelton were we to trade down.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

You sound like youd take him if he's option C or D though?

What youre saying is true, he'll likely be gone by the time we really know what we're doing in a year or two, but in the mean time he does make us better...

9. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I don't think Dan Williams will be as sought after as people think. Less then half the league runs a 3-4 and the majority of those already have a NT or don't use a true NT.

Plus Dan Williams went to Tennessee and was drafted by Whiz out of college. That's gotta count for something.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

If the Pats don't want a guy anymore then he's def not worth it. I trust coach B. more than any in our entire organization.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar