Vince to Titans Petition

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NYTitansFan, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

the petition gets sent to Bud Adams and the staff of the titans if theres enough signatures. thats the whole idea of a petition

2. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Yea Im sure Floyd will gladly jeopardize his job to draft who the "fans" want.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I can see it now. Reese is prepared to pick Cutler or Ferguson with the 3rd pick and just before he makes the pick a messenger runs up and hands him the "Young" petition. Quickly looking over the 1000s of signatures Reese hesitates and decides not to go after the guy the Titans decided on through hunderds of hours of scouting and film watching but opts to take the fan favorite.

NOT

4. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

the whole idea is to show floyd and the whole titans organization that we want vince and to convince them to put more thought into it

5. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

:lol:

6. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

God I hate this offseason.

7. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

That petition must have came from the TOMB?

8. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Maybe before we start filling out a bunch of petitions, we should wait until his pro day, and see how well he throws the 15-20 yard "out" routes. I've seen him throw accurately, but I've never seen him throw a ball that made me say, "Wow, look at the cannon on this kid!" In the NFL, you've got to be able to fire the ball into tight spots.

One of Billy Volek's biggest shortcomings has been his tendency to put just a bit too much air under the ball on short and mid-range passes. This extra bit of float gives defenders an extra half-step to make a play on the ball....which, in turn, has caused a number of incompletions and INT's. If we're going to take VY at #3, I'd like some kind of assurance that he'll be a better passer than Volek. (Who, as we all know, went undrafted.)

I don't mean this as a slam on VY....in fact, he's my personal favorite of all the candidates, and has as much upside potential of any player in the draft, including Bush. But the fact is, if he wants to be a top-three pick, he needs to prove that he can throw fastballs when necessary.

10. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

i agree, i wish there was a way to see him play in the nfl before the draft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar