Vince to start next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well if Vince struggles against this Giants defense we are going to have some big problems.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

that statement is a joke and shows how much you hate vince!!! We already know this, please do us all a favor and leave troll!!!

3. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

I dont agree with the call Fisher made today! Stick with one QB, win or lose! Fisher said VY will start next week in his post gam interview, but we will see how good hell be, getting pulled from a home game!

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Who the hell are you? I've been here since 2006, you have 170 some posts, sounds like your the troll. If you knew anything at all you'd know I don't "hate" Vince but instead your a noob troll who has no idea what he's talking about so please be quiet on things you know nothing of.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

hahaha righttttt...ive been posting on the tomb for as long as i can remember and i dont like to post on here cause ppl like you make me mad and i wind up getting banned this is my 3rd account so yeah!

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Good for you.

7. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

My problem is that we never seem to adjust our game plan to what is going on in the game. We just keep doing the same thing. CJ was obviously hurt on the one play where he got body slammed and what do they do? Hand it off to him on the very next play.

I only saw the second half. Vince looked overwhelmed for sure but that defense and the cheap shot where they slammed him into the ground on his head...that was BS.

I also noticed, why wasn't there a coach with Vince going over what he missed on the interceptions? If you think he is feeling sorry for himself, go over and get the offensive coordinator or QB coach or even KC to talk to him to calm him down. Is it against the rules to have your coach encourage a player that is down on himself which was obvious from his body language.

8. Coov

Coov Starter

Vince still has some maturing to do, obviously. To his credit he had a frustrating, bad game but he did not throw a temper tantrum (unlike some fans seem to be). Steelers D was on point and are going to make a lot of teams look pathetic this year. That was our toughest offensive challenge of the year for the regular season. We will learn from it and move on.

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have been a VY supporter from the start...was happy when we drafted him. In 2008 when he was bad, then hurt/benched, then went off of the deep end I chalked it up to maturity (he did start way too early in his development period...remember that McNair spent most of three full seasons on the bench before starting, as did other more elite QBs, such as Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers). Fisher did the right thing in 08 putting him on the bench, and when he came back last year he showed much more maturity.

I hear alot of complaints about his "numbers"...and yes, he does not (or likely never will) have elite passing statistics. One number does stand out, Wins vs. Losses (although I agree about the problems beating upper tier teams).

As a VY supporter, I have to say this....he is now 27, is in his 5th year (3rd with the same offensive coordinator), and has had his time to ride the pine and learn. This is a pivotal year for him (to me, anyway). It is time for him to put up or for us to move on. Yesterday's game was horrible, and I can't disagree with Fisher's decision to bench him. How he reacts to this will be very telling.

I truly think (or hope) that his maturity level allows him to move past this week, and that he learns from this experience (Steelers did throw alot of different looks at him yesterday, so if nothing else it should have been a learning experience).

I think that we should all chill about this game, and see how he progresses over the rest of the season. If we are in the same spot at the end of the season (8-8, 9-7, 10-6, but not able to beat elite teams and 1 and out in playoffs), I think that it is time to move on (offload VY, pick up vet QB in offseason, draft QB in high round over next 1-2 seasons, depending on available talent). If he has shown he can get to the next level, I think we enjoy the ride.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

What sucks was the fan's in the game cheering Jeff Fisher for his stupid choice.
    Joe Flacco had 4 or 3 picks I don't see his coach sitting him down something is fishy about this we will find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar