Vince to start next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

When it rains it pours.. I still got faith in Vince, but it's really running out.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe he'll have an offensive gameplan better than 'run up the middle... slow developing run play... run up the middle... ok, walk outside with chris johnson and fall down...'

He sucked today, but no one else would have done any better with this crap coaching.

• High Five High Five x 5
  4. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Game plan was uninspired. Glad to see our "starter" is still starting.

5. amy

amy Starter

Hey, maybe the Old Man will fire his butt before the end of the season, like he did with Bum Phillips! :)

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I just overheard on the police radio that Vince's mom called and said Vince had a gun and said some "alarming" things after the game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Vince needs to spend the rest of the season learning to protect the ball, first and foremost. I feel like his increased comfort keeps his attention off any internal clock he should have. He's lost the feel for when to take off. He's better, but still needs to put the whole thing together.

I'm pissed at that the most, because coaching nonsense aside (we shrank, again), this game was ridiculously in grasp after even 7 turnovers (well, 6 at least).

Poor ref calling. You don't flip a QB over onto his head and not throw a flag. I feel like D's like the Ravens, Steelers, Jets and Saints are getting away with things as badly as primadonna/ marquee QBs.

Most know I'm behind Vince, but protection and awareness aside, which currently I think is a function of him finally being able to read defenses to a degree, I think he needs to seriously develop the ability to do a 3-step drop and get the quick slant out.

I also think the Titans, with the OL issues especially, should be trying to move that pocket around to create plays.

Also, why didn't we design ANY screens against aggressive blitzing?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It's the right call but Vince is running out of chances.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

You'd better not touch their legs, but if you slam a QB on the head, it's all good!

• High Five High Five x 4
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Tweedle Dee vs. Tweedle Dum at QB, who's taking us to the Super Bowl?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar