Vince should be the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Vince should start

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. let's give him a few more weeks

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. start BILLY !

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. what? are you kidding ? Kerry rocks !

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont think Young needs to be thrown into this mess right now. I like how they are using him now and getting his feet wet, and if this continues then he should definately get a few starts at the end of the year. But Vince wasnt drafted for this year, and Vince doesnt exactly look stellar out there either, so I really dont understand what some of you guys have seen that makes you think he gives us a better change the Collins or Volek. Sit him, use him here and there, and do it right. There is no sense in risking injury or shake his confidence when our team is absolutely pathetic anyway and he isnt going to change that.

2. Tom Foolery

Tom Foolery Guest

When the kid can prove to me that he can read a NFL defense, then I'll get onboard.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I hope he gets some starts before THAT! :doh:

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Yeah, I meant the end of the year, my bad on that one.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:ha:
    That was funny, though...

6. i dont see how u can be worried about his confidence being shaken when kerry has thrown 4 int in 2 games, and vince threw 1 and got a td, and he looks much much better than collins does, and if u cant see that u r blind

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I dont care about Collins confidence, I care about Young's. And Vince was what 7-19 yesterday? That is hardly earth shattering. We are not a good football team, and if we started Young that wouldnt change. There is no point in not doing this the right way. Why should we throw him out there and risk getting him hurt or shaking his confidence when he isnt going to make us any better right now anyway. There are lots of stories of QBs being forced in early and they end up sucking. With the exception of Peyton, Eli, and Ben, what other recent rookie qbs were thrown to the wolves there rookie years and it ended up being a success? Why risk it when we are still going to suck anyway?

8. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

4andershv,

I am afraid that does not really approach what any rational person could call evidence. The difficulty is that you cannot replay the career of someone who started their first year or sat their first year. But for your Leaf or Harrington, I give you Roethlisberger and Eli Manning. Not to mention current and future HOFers Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, and Troy Aikman.

To be persuaded, I would need statistical proof showing that the percentage of QBs who are hits is higher among those who sit their first year and those who play. You would also have to correct for draft position.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Its obviously not evidence since it is impossible to prove, because you cant account to how good a David Carr or Tim Couch would be if they did sit year instead of getting thrown in. Peyton is only recent example I can think of who got thrown in immediately on a bad team, took his lumps, and ended up being a great QB. Eli sat at least until the middle portion of the season behind Warner. Ben was on a team with a great defense, o line, and running game, and was more or less asked not to lose the game then to actually go win it. Harrington, Couch, Carr, Leaf are examples of guys thrown in immediately where it didnt work at all. And all 4 of them were on terrible teams, just like Vince is. But, sitting guys has been proven to work and you can look at Vick, Palmer, Culpepper, or Mcnair who all sat most or all of their first seasons and have ended up being pretty good QBs. So my question is, why risk it? Why even take the chance of having a Tim Couch or David Carr experiment instead of a Carson Palmer type experiment? Id rather him learn more before he is thrown in behind a terrible offense.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

who really voted "are you kidding me; kerry rocks", they should be banned from being a titans fan. VY needs to get in, along with Lendale White if you ask me, theyre the future, show the fans and the leauge that the future is bright, we saw a very ssmall glimpse at the end of the chargers game when they got put in, so i think they need mreo live reps and more opportunities

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar