Vince should be the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Vince should start

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. let's give him a few more weeks

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. start BILLY !

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. what? are you kidding ? Kerry rocks !

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't see the logic in sitting Young when he clearly gives us our best chance at being competitive right now. What is Fisher scared of? Is it going to be such a mental challenge that he'll fold and become a crappy QB?? I doubt it. You can either handle it or you can't. The kid has played football all his life and had his best games on the biggest stages you can play at. I think he can handle the presure. Originally, I would've have said make him wait till the bye week but I don't think waiting till' your 0-6 before putting in one of your only playmakers is such a good idea. Vince is a leader and he can't do it from the bench.

I don't understand their long term expectations for Vince when it seems to me that if Eli, Payton, Big Ben, A Smith, and others can get thrown into the fire than so should Vince. After all, I would think it's safe to say that he was a better college player than them and they're turning out pretty decsent.

Why wait? It's not helping our team.

2. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Is there any evidence at all for the theory that QBs who start in their rookie seasons suck as a result of it? I am not aware of any. And it is hard to be a worse QB or play on a worse team as a rookie than Troy Aikman.

3. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Not sure what the stats are on that, Makes me think we should have started Steve earlier as well. Everyone loves to point out how the Titans brought him along, its starting to look like - how long did they hold him back?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

add Peyton to that

Vince is going to struggle in his first year as a 'starter' whether that be mid-season '06 or week 1 2008 - he's still going to struggle

just because we sit him for the entire season doesn't mean he's gonna pop right in and throw for 3,000 and 30

might as well struggle now, when we have little shot at postseason play - then to wait and let him struggle next year when we might

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i agree wholeheartedly!
    do these people not think vince young is tougher mentally than payton manning? the guy cracks in all the big games. we've got a guy who excells when called upon. he's not gonna crack... you're not going to see vince young in a corner crying "i just dont think i can make it.. i'm not good enough... ahgghhh !!! dont hurt me freeny...!" NO! vince is the Qb that will lower his shoulder and shrug off/ run over half the D-ends in this league. the team likes him... the fans like him. he's got the legs to move around behind our crappy line... he's got more experience with the starters than the other QB on the team... plus he's young.

do we want to wait until the guy is 25 before he really starts learning the offense... then he's got 4 years before he starts slowing down? the advantage of a QB like young is being able to deal with problems before he understands the offense fully... he ain't gonna crack.

and ****!!! he couldn't do any worse!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

my guess PC is that in 4 years, we might have us a new offensive system anyway .... can you feel it ?

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not in our offence. :rolleyes:

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

........ and furthermore,

Vince has something hardly anyone else on the team has right now

-CONFIDENCE-

did you see the way Vince carried himself yesterday down 30+points with time running out ?

-POISED-

took the offense right down the field and delivered a straight freaking bullet to Bennett, and went on like it was 7-0 and the opening drive

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But the question is will that continue if he was to go out and get beat down for 14 games. I prefer the one series a half/garbage time approach for now. Maybe after the bye week, they give him a start.

10. Please don't start Collins in Miami, I am going to go to that game, I am praying to cheer for Vince in the pre game introductions...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar