Vince should be the starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 17, 2006.

?
  1. Vince should start

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. let's give him a few more weeks

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. start BILLY !

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. what? are you kidding ? Kerry rocks !

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

The Colts' back-up qb Sorgi would do better than KC.

2. 4andershv

4andershv Camp Fodder

Now thats where you're wrong - all of you!

We have a lot to lose by rushing VY along and letting him play in this horrible, horrible offense...

I recently read a comment by Larry Stone from titansradio.com which expresses my view perfectly:

http://www.titansradio.com/lstoneblurb.html

I will let Larry Stone tell you why young should not start:

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Young is not ready to be the starter. Yes he played well in the 2nd half after the game was a blowout and the Chargers had clled the dogs off. Think back to the 1st half when it was still a game. The Chargers D wreck havoc on Young just like they did Collins. Remember Fisher had to talk to Young on the sidelines after his 3 and out.
    Don't let Young's preformance in the 2nd half blind you to what happened to him in the first half.

Young needs Volek as the QB to learn from not Collins.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

In one weird way that isn't a bad way to blood him, get him game time even if they are backing off, it helps him get used to it all and gradually get to more schemes and stuff.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Interesting reading.

That is very true statement & a real possiblity of what could happen to VY if played too early. Yet the fact is it looks like BV is leaving & all we'll have left is KFC & Young.

It's easy to say KFC has only been here 3 wks & doesn't know the system or his receivers but he has been spectacularly bad which is why we are calling for VY. In the series that VY has played he simply looks better in the pocket.

On top of that many of us are starting to question Chow's system which has shown very little to date. It brings up the Spurrier/Carroll question of whether college coaches can make the transition to the NFL or not.

A large number of us expected this to be a year that we started to show progress & maybe get to .500. Up to now we have looked worse than last year on both sides of the ball, it's hard for us to see that the reality of where the team is at falls well below our expectations.

This board is going to be full of frustrated threads calling for player changes & coaching heads to roll until we start to see something positive. Seeing VY play has given us something positive to cling to out of precious little else so far. It's no wonder we want to see more of him even if it probably isn't the right call.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

IMO the FO holds on to BV for at least another week. Reason being is to see how Collins does in Miami. If he sucks (no reason to think he won't) then he may be the one the Titans get rid of.

7. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

Lets have some fun again, Send in Vince and let him loose. Its only up from here. ;( If we are going to play rotation at Qb then Start Volek. At least he knows the other players names. Collins is trying to run a team he has been with for 3 weeks - I woulndt expect him to score a point... why would management. Draft pick conspiracy theory?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for who? as far as i know, there isnt a reggie bush in this draft.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Let's hope so,that would involve Fisher holding up his hand & admiting he screwed up with KFC.

10. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

That doesnt make me feel any better...
    At least with the conspricay theory I could look foward to something.
    Thanks for dashing any pleasant thoughts i might have had. :hang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar