Vince really did have a bad day...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For one to happen, the other does as well. ;)

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

A lot of us Vince fan boys have been getting a bunch of flack from people because we're focusing more on the positive of Vince rather than the negative. Sure, I'll admit Vince hasn't been lighting it up/struggling, but in his previous starts he's done some good things. However, this game brought a lot of us back down to earth. I do, though, believe Vince is going to be something special and starting him when we did was the best for him. Once he gets comfortable he's going to make it tough on some defenses to keep up. Unathletic? Please....let's not make silly judgements. As someone else stated, I think Rashean Mathis would slap you silly for that. If we take video from these past few starts and compare them to the few games at the end of the season, I guaruntee we'll see huge improvements. Then the off-season comes where he can work on his mechanics, accuracy, etc. Bottom line, I honestly feel Young is going to have a break out season next year - just like Vick did in his 2nd yr.

3. KG499

KG499 Guest

unathletic???...what are you smoking??? Maybe you should ask USC and defensive guru Pete Carrol about that. McNabb is not in Vince's league athletically. I agree that Vince does need to look for the run more and I believe he will as he gets more comfortable in the NFL. He has a lot to absorb right now. Would he be more successful right now if he took off running every time he dropped back to pass? probably so. But he needs to work on reading coverages and he knows that and the coaches now that. The light will turn on for him shortly. Be patient.

I take it that there are a lot of you that did not watch him play at Texas by some of the uninformed posts I've seen. Click the link.

Vince

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

dang, keep throwing up what he did in college..that doesn't compute in the NFL..is it that hard to understand :moon2:

5. KG499

KG499 Guest

Ewker, read my post again. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. I was replying to the person who said he did not look "athletic". I realize that college production may not necessarily correlate to nfl success, but there is no denying that he has few peers from a purely athletic standpoint.

However, Vince is a winner. That is the bottom line. He won in high school, college, and he will win in the NFL. He just has "it". Most people said he was a bit of a project coming out of the draft and needed a year or two to develop. He's only had around 5 starts and he's already had a couple of solid games. Volek may have won a couple more games this year, but the Titans wouldn't make the playoffs with Peyton Manning at QB. Its best for the team that Vince takes his lumps this year and learns from them. The Titans will be a better team for it next year.

6. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

?!

Calling Carrol a defensive guru is like comparing Schwartz to Buddy Ryan!

What have we seen to say he's more athletic than McNabb?! I have seen absolutely nothing. Their 40 times are identical. The one play everyone keeps bringing up is the tackle he had on Mathis. Unless I saw the play wrong Vince had about a 10-15 yard head start and the angle.

As far as his legendary UT days that gets thrown out the window. You can't take any of that to Canton.

All I am saying is that he doesn't impress me with his athleticism. When Vick, McNabb, McNair, Culpepper came in the league they all looked lost like Vince does, but when they saw a hole ... boom ... they were off. Vince looks like he is going in slow motion when he scrambles. I think its pretty scary when your athletic QB gets tackled more often from behind by lineman.

Anyhow hopefully I'm just making a big deal about nothing during a crappy season. At this point if Fisher doesn't let Big Al come back after the suspension I'm all for a total anihilation of the front office.
    :ravens:

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

all you did was talk about him in college plus throws links out with him at Texas..like I said this isn't college...put on your glasses dude this is the NFL.

He will be a avg/decent NFL QB

8. KG499

KG499 Guest

I only made the Pete Carrol comparison because many were jocking Carrol's reputation as a "defensive guru" before the Rose Bowl. He hardly looks like a guru now. I think Vince's lack of productivity running the ball is just a matter of him thinking too much in the pocket and being a little tenative, which should be expected. He's not quite sure when to run and when to stay in the poocket. He should play to his strengths though and scramble more often. When he has scrambled, he has had some success and a couple nice touchdown runs. There arent many NFL players who could catch Vince in the open field. Vince just hasnt given them many chances.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Vince runs straight ahead pretty well, but with his height, I don't believe he can make hard cuts. He rolls out pretty well, but there are QB's in the league with quicker feet in the pocket. He has come up limping three times this year after runs, which is a pretty scary prospect for our franchise QB. Hopefully he won't have a history of ankle problems.

10. KG499

KG499 Guest

How about you wait and see how he progresses this year and next before you project how good of a QB he will ultimately be??? It would be a much more rational approach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar