Vince or Kerry (let's see the real truth to this)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by whitevick331, Oct 30, 2007.

?
  1. Kerry

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. Vince

55 vote(s)
    88.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitevick331

whitevick331 Guest

now it seems as if hes throwing a TD or long pass every third snap
    personally i love vince young. I know he isnt manning or brady, but he sure gives us flavor, and spice to our team. With kerry "F" Collins it makes our team boring seeing a white slow guy drop back to thrwo the ball even if he completes passes. With vince its exciting to see him drop back or hand the ball off. I just love seeing 10 out there on the field rather than 5

2. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

Just QUIT

Don't yall think you're giving up one him a lil soon?

He doesn't do much in the passing game as of right now and thats how Fisher wants it. All hes asked to do is mangen the offesen thats all.... I don't know if you all remember but McNair wasn't asked to do much when he first came in to Tennessee.... Vince will come around!!!! Remember the saints game he throw the ball pretty well in that game!! Didn't he??

One fact reminds the same when VY is in the game he always seems we win....

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I don't think too many people have actually given up on Young.

They're just venting their frustration at his current level of play.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Young is going to be fine. I just hope he gets it turned around real soon. But for real, he hasn't had a hole lot of help from his targets lately. The drops last week were terrible not to mention that questionable offensive pass interference call that wiped away a 40+yd reception. I just know he is being coached not to run and to focus on ball delivery.. It's frustating... but we just have to believe...

you know... I was watching Jay Cutler the other night and he was doing some good things. I like his style and arm strenth... but he's not doing all that great either. What can we really expect? Anyone really expect Young never to struggle?

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd rather have Collins for a game or two if Young isn't 100% recovered from the quad injury. Even VY fans have to admit if you take away his legs he isn't very effective. If VY is restricted to being a pocket passer only I give the nod to Collins...for a game. Otherwise obviously VY is the man.

6. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

vy is still young and it takes most qbs if not all time to adjust in the nfl. hes only 24. lets relax with this.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

4 votes for Kerry ...

8. teegee

teegee Guest

The obvious answer is Young. He has to play if he has any chance of developing as an all around QB -- one who can win games with his arm and his decision making as well as with his legs.

However, I think another question would be: if the offense continues to struggle, as it did last week, do you put Collins in for a series or two to change things up and see if he can spark the offense with his arm? Or do you just go with Young no matter how he is playing, replacing him only if he gets injured?

While I don't advocate yanking VY in and out of a game at a whim, I could see merit to putting Collins in for a series or two to try and jumpstart the passign game if VY continues to struggle in that area.

PS - Why does that one poster keep ending his messages with that quote from Sean Jones about what VY did in the Rose Bowl? It no longer MATTERS how VY played in college; that's in the the past -- the NFL is a whole different level.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Mine wasn't one of them. :rolleyes:

KC is doing a nice job when he comes into games......

AS A BACK-UP!!!!

Let's leave it as that and not make it more than it is. :rolleyes:

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I wonder if Volek looks back at us and thinks "OH! so that's what Fish meant by 'a little competition'!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar