Vince loses starting QB job injury or not

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg

Greg Camp Fodder

It will be interesting to see if anything more gets out.

2. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

hmm who else can play besides young? Rusty Smith No Thanks he is a rookie and can't run the offense he might be good in a few years, but the most important games of our year are coming up, why not play Vince if he is healthy and ready to play? We have no chance in winning with Smith Collins or some washed up veteran that they might bring in. Vince is playing great who cares if he got mad because fisher wouldn't let him come back in. If someone besides Vince starts our season is gone!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think that, at this point, the season is pretty much gone. What VY did today was inexcusable, and Fisher is making the right move here.

Sometimes you have to cut to cure...this will hurt for awhile, but ultimately we will be better off (agree that it will not be this season though).

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I find it ironic he would throw Kerry out there with a bum hand for 2 qtrs, throwing ducks, but VY wants to play with a bum hand, and he can't even get a snap. It's pretty moronic. Fisher has to go. He's costing us games now. I din't mind when we were winning, but now his decisions are losing games. Kerry, nor the rookie were game ready and Vince was.

5. stander2

stander2 Camp Fodder

We are one out in the division if VY is able to play he should play he gives us the best chance to win period

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fisher starts the qb who give us the best chance to win...lol, when it suits his fancy.

7. kwtitansfan

kwtitansfan Camp Fodder

I love how Roethlisberger can molest 2 women and ride around on his motorcycle without a helmet like an idiot, yet, still no question that he starts. Jay Cutler can throw 4 picks to one player in one game and his own players don't help him up when he's sacked, yet he continues on. What did Young do that was really all that bad? How many people have been mad after a game they've played and thrown something or cussed at someone? Did he get into a fist fight with the other team, or his own teammate, or a fan? NO. Donnie Nickey spits in a teammate's face and gets into fights at training camp, but Fisher defends him, a second stringer. The issue is that Fisher was looking for any reason at all to make Young look bad. Young made him look bad last year after Bud made Fisher put him in. That's all this is about. Fisher wants to ride the Kerry train when he's healthy. Young's teammates all love him, and Fisher has lost the locker room. Fisher hasn't won any Super Bowls, and by my calculation, being the longest tenured coach in the NFL shouldn't guarantee you a coaching job forever. If anything, it makes you look stupid for not having a Super Bowl ring. I'm sick of everyone bagging on Young for getting frustrated that Fisher makes him look, but mostly, I'm sick of Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

I'll agree that Kerry was throwing some wounded ducks that game. But a tendon injury on your middle finger is a different story than your thumb, which is necessary to even hold and grip the ball correctly. If the defense knows you can barely hold the ball, especially after he coughed it up earlier in the game, then it won't be long before someone sticks a paw in there to make the whole situation worse.

9. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

"Fisher has lost the locker room". Seriously, you're going with that? Based on what evidence? The fact is that Fisher has been defending VY for a long time but has in hindsight been growing impatient with his star QB. The fact that it's going public is the real story. This isn't Favre and Childress going at each other every week in public.

If you want to understand why Kerry Collins isn't in Jeff Fisher's doghouse, understand that Collins used to be a similar problem child QB in his youth. He managed to grow up over several years and now he understands what coaching staffs expect of him, both from a work ethic standpoint and a leadership standpoint. That guy gets a much longer leash when he screws up than VY who hasn't earned the priviledge in the minds of the coaching staff.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I for one have seen very little of Fisher defending Vince at all. It's been pretty obvious that Fisher never wanted him here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar