Vince loses starting QB job injury or not

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Last time I checked this was a football forum not freakin Fortune 500. Your point is null.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Here's Jim Wyatt's description of what happened after the game (from Twitter):

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Meanwhile you're perfectly comfortable calling people you've never met retarded, morons etc. The irony.

4. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Sounds like he took his toys and went home

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not looking good for Vince..

6. NoDak Titan

NoDak Titan Camp Fodder

Couldn't be happier!!!

7. VYoungMVP

VYoungMVP Camp Fodder

So then why are you attacking his intelligence? As a football player, vince is a good one. This is not a freakn Academic Forum. Your point is null.

"Meanwhile you're perfectly comfortable calling people you've never met retarded, morons etc. The irony."

based on what you have said? yeah, retarded logic for sure. I've noticed you haven't actually argued my points, just nitpicking on what I've said. Cool.

8. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

Adversity is an interesting beast. We all go though it. But few of us have our careers and personal lives flayed publically. When it happens, handling it well if difficult for many. Tiger Woods was considered to have the strongest mental game of any professional athlete. When Tiger's father passed away, it didn't affect his game at all. But when his marriage hit the tabloids and exploded on the national news, he hasn't won a tournament since. Contrast that to Kobe Bryant who pretty much has been the same player despite being accused of rape years ago and facing a very ugly flogging in the court of public opinion.

9. VYoungMVP

VYoungMVP Camp Fodder

If Wyatt is right, than Vince definitely stepped out of line, that is completely unacceptable no matter how bad the coach has treated em. I do believe he has a point in how he feels, but that is def the worst way of handling things and def shows a very bad immaturity that I thought he was over. Hopefully we can learn more as the week goes on.

"I can see it being true, he has been a superstar and a winner his whole football career, probably since childhood. That gets to your head. When adversity is rare, it's a little more threatening. He can't handle it. There's little reason to believe that he is a stable person."

I like all these points except the last one. If your in this belief that you are the best at what you do and all you have seen in your life is success, and when you don't achieve that success.. of COURSE you are going to act differently and pissed off. If adversity is rare and more than than threatening and you face it for the rare times in your life, of COURSE you are going to act out... that's not an unstable person, that's a human being.

10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Don't know if anyone has read it yet but here is this from Adam Shefter via VY tweeter on ESPN.com:

"VY trying to set the record straight. RT @VinceYoung10 for your info I have my shoulder pads stop believing everything u here. 2 minutes ago"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar