Vince is the League Leader in Snaps

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Young54, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

I saw on ESPN.com that Vince lead the league in “snaps” this preseason. What that means is that out of all the QBs in the league, VY had the most playing time. Usually, established starters are limited to small amount of playing time to prevent injury. Was it a good or a bad idea for Fisher to let Vince play so much?

I personally liked that VY got in the extra practice, especially after the way he played in the second game. I feel like the more he plays, the better he gets. I can’t help but to think about what happened to Vick a few years back though, especially with the Madden curse looming over Vince’s shoulder. Maybe Fisher should have been more careful with our franchise's star player.
    Any thoughts on this?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum...li_len&id=3004005&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Vince is the starter, but I wouldn't call him "established", just yet.
    Farve and McNair are established starters...

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think Fish had to let him play this much, if he doesn't want a sophomore slump, and wants the offense to have some chemistry, VY had to get some solid playing time

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He didn't get hurt, so I have no complaints.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Good idea the more snaps he takes the better.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

uh...its only his 2nd year..and he doesn't necessarily have a laser/rocket arm.

He needs all the practice he can get to become a good passer.

And no don't say VY is already a great passer b/c he isn't

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

It could have had to do with him missing the first game. Wasn't to bad though considering he got in and out without getting injured.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Practicing snaps for the pro bowl. He's motivated this year.

9. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

We have a new set of recievers, he needed to get as much work with them as possible. I don't mind the snaps stat, as long as it translates into production and its even better when it can go without injury. Some may say the Madden curse and or the sophomore slump is hanging over his head, but the real reason he had more snaps is probably because we lost his top targets from last season and he and the WR's needed to work a little more together. Not only did this show on a stat by snaps during the pre-season, but it showed off field during mini camp when he invited the guys to come to his hometown and workout with him personally...

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The whole rest your starters during preseason is sort of over blown, Brady had the forth most snaps in preseason, I would say he is a "seasoned" vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar